Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking forward to sell my brother's car but I couldn't because
The title of the car is under my brother's name and he went back to his country.
Is there a form that me and my brother could sign and transfer his title(ownership) to me
What kind of legal form should I have to get?
http://www.socrates.com/

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
He can sign the title over to you, but that would mean getting him the title in the first place. Then you'd have to send in the old title with his signature so you could get a new title with your name on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Sep 18 2005, 02:16 PM
He can sign the title over to you, but that would mean getting him the title in the first place.  Then you'd have to send in the old title with his signature so you could get a new title with your name on it.
[snapback]156036[/snapback]​

Do I need to go to DMV or MVA to get a new title w/ my name on it?
What if they think I signed his name and ask me where my brother is?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fedex him the title, have him sign it over to you in front of a US Notary Public. He'll probably have to go to a US Consulate. Consulates overseas have notaries for these sort of things. The notary will certify that the signature belows to your bro, so you won't have problems when you get title in your name.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Originally posted by josemorabito@Sep 18 2005, 06:54 PM
Fedex him the title, have him sign it over to you in front of a US Notary Public. He'll probably have to go to a US Consulate. Consulates overseas have notaries for these sort of things. The notary will certify that the signature belows to your bro, so you won't have problems when you get title in your name.
[snapback]156096[/snapback]​

^^^ There you go. Excellent advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by josemorabito@Sep 18 2005, 04:54 PM
[snapback]156096[/snapback]​

Thank you :wavey:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts