Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple small clips from an upcoming Best Motoring DVD. They show a start of one of the races where there's a 350Z as well as couple new Porsche 911s ie. 997s (I pressume one is Carrera and the other Carrera S). It might be a bit of an eye opener for some to see how much quicker the 997s are. The clip is only 710kb in size, but I'm out if server space at the moment so I can't host it.

Also I have another short clip where they show the difference in braking distance betweemn the 350Z and 997 ... again, pretty impresive to see how much quicker the 997 stops. The clip is only 267kb, so I'll e-mail to anyone who wants.

If anyone want to see these (or is willing to host them) then let me kow and I'll e-mail them to you.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
David,

Do we know a Tsukuba lap time for the 977 that we can reference?

http://www.tuningpt.com/store/tsukuba.htm

Found this site, it seems to have alot of lap times, though it is missing alot of recent ones ie the 308ps Amuse 350z which gets a 1:04 on its first go out.

What does a stock 350z do there?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
David if you PM the admin (toykilla or JTS2005 or the supermod DiRN) they might be able to host it for you in the video section!

Thanks Jinxxycat, but it looks like Nuff will host it localy. Thanks for the offer though.

Do we know a Tsukuba lap time for the 977 that we can reference?

No, I don't. It's from the 'Best Motorring International' volume 20, but we are just about to get volume 19 here so I'm guessing it'll be a little while beofre we have it here.

http://www.tuningpt.com/store/tsukuba.htm ... What does a stock 350z do there?

Looks like 1:09.72 according to the link you provided (in the 100 - 200 section). Though, I've got the BM DVD with the 350Z battles so I'll look in there and verify.

·
Registered
562 Posts
David,

I've tried to upload them, but the server is down, it'll not be up until monday.

If you want, I can forward them to the Admins or some one else might want want to host them instead.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can host them if you send them to me quickly.

Any luck hosting them mchapman?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Here they are:

Acceleration (710KB)

Braking (267KB)

Comcast's service is unreliable speed-wise. The files are small but your DL speeds may vary.

Wow, the Z gets schooled. But it is a Porsche after all.

·
Registered
655 Posts
They are just coming through the tire overpass thingy...that's in the middle of the course and not at the beginning of the race. It sure looks like the Z is cruising awfully slow though, I agree.

·
Registered
95 Posts
[/quote]

Somethings up, or at least I hope so. Even the NSX makes up a lot of ground in that short time. I've gained on a '04 Carrera S on long slow twisty road.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
here is the Time attack list:

1. 997 Carrera S = 1'42"33
2. Honda NSX-R = 1'39"43
3. Ferrari 360 Modena = 1'40"46
4. 911 Turbo(996) = 1'41"26
5. 997 Carrera = 1'42"82
6. Fairlady Z (350Z) = 1'47"34

Track weather temperature: 13.1 degree celcius

Plus the winner is 997 CarreraS :) and ours is Dead last :(

·
Registered
755 Posts
[/quote]

Check out the base prices $US:

350Z.............$30,850 1'47"26
Carrera.........$69,300 1'42"82
Carrera S......$79,100 1'42"33
NSX-R...........$90,000+ 1'39"43 "winner"
911 Turbo......$131,400 1'41"26
360 Modena...$151,245 1'40"46

The closest car cost $40,000 more!! give me $15000 and I'll do 1'30"00

I don't know why they stuck the Z between these cars, are they trying to make fun of us :punch: ? I kinda like it, makes me feel I own an exotic.. well I do :doh:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE fan of the NSX and Hondas... but I swear, with BM, if they put an NSX next to a Ferrari F1 car, the NSX will win! :doh:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Either the guy in the z didn't have the same balls or skill level. There is not doubt about it though .....porsche is one **** of a sports car. although not in the same class.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Something's wrong .. the first video the Z is driving too slow and it was upfront, if it's getting schooled how is it up front? something's fishy here a conspiracy. or is this the begging of the race?

I am pretty sure that is the start of the race as I have a very a short replay from the 350Z on-board camera ... they do that always at the start and the cars do start from 1st gear from what I can tell.

I've gained on a '04 Carrera S on long slow twisty road.

I'd say that's because you were pushing harder and driving better. I've seen Renault Clios keep up with Ferraries through twisties when the Clio driver knows what he's doing.

Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE fan of the NSX and Hondas... but I swear, with BM, if they put an NSX next to a Ferrari F1 car, the NSX will win!

Yeah, makes me laugh as well. According to them it's practically quicker than anything else on this planet ... I don;t know why they don't use it to take the F1 fight to Renault/Ferrari? ;-)

here is the Time attack list...

Hey Yun, have you already got the DVD?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
nope david.

Can't be bother to buy them atm lol

Can't read or listen to japanese anyway.

I got the time from their website :)

·
Registered
562 Posts

[/quote]

I think a lot of it is to do with the design of japanese tracks, very short straights lots of turns, perfect for a lightweight car, even if it doesn't have a whole lot of power. You be hard pressed to get over 160km/h on most of the japanese tracks in most cars. You'll not be able to push a car with lots of power to it's potential. And how do I know this? Well I've watched this DVD http://shop.store.yahoo.com/hopup1/bemoindvdv.html where they explain the different tracks in japan. You can also watch NSX being totally destroyed by Porsche GT-3. It should make you guys feel a lot better :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts