Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Can anyone recommend an Engine builder in Seattle for a 2006 350Z. I want to go TT but with high HP.
dunno of any in Wash...........but there are some really good ones in Cali ..........might be worth the drive down.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
dunno of any in Wash...........but there are some really good ones in Cali ..........might be worth the drive down.
Its a shame devilz isn't around, doesn't he live up there with his sick super glued super car killer?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
My understanding is that GTM is about the best in the area (BTW they're in California, dunno if thats a deal breaker). I know they did DevilZ car, at least for the tuning. They seem pretty respected from everything I've read. There may be others, but thats the only one I know of.

~Pat

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a shame devilz isn't around, doesn't he live up there with his sick super glued super car killer?
I wrote him a direct message as my son knows him, just checking . It is a big investment and I don't want to do it right

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My understanding is that GTM is about the best in the area (BTW they're in California, dunno if thats a deal breaker). I know they did DevilZ car, at least for the tuning. They seem pretty respected from everything I've read. There may be others, but thats the only one I know of.

~Pat
thanks, appreciate it. Just want to know what my options are

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then I wouldn't ask Devilz ****. He did his car right, wrecked it and then did it wrong.
I heard about it, something about downshifting from 6th into 3rd at 100+MPH. I was more interested in which TT is better, he has APS, SGP Racing recommends GReddy or JWT. Need straight talk.

·
4,328 Posts
I heard about it, something about downshifting from 6th into 3rd at 100+MPH. I was more interested in which TT is better, he has APS, SGP Racing recommends GReddy or JWT. Need straight talk.
You go first...

Budget? HP goal? What exactly are you looking to build?

Ronin Z

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
order one from GTM. That is what I'll do if/when I ever do mine, and I'm on the east coast. They build the best motors around. You pop you motor out, send it to them, and they send you one that has been completely redone. Best deal around, and only reliable way to do it.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Also, you will want to make sure you upgrade the brakes and suspension first for a car with that much power... this is a common mistake and often people end up flipping down the highway...
Just understand if you really go through and do the whole project right, it is probably going to cost about as much as the car...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You go first...

Budget? HP goal? What exactly are you looking to build?

Ronin Z
350Z engine for TT over 400HP. Forged Internals, Valve job. SGP racing quoted me 3900 for internals and bore and hone, no valve job. I will consider it but Houstom is a long way to ship a motor

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also, you will want to make sure you upgrade the brakes and suspension first for a car with that much power... this is a common mistake and often people end up flipping down the highway...
Just understand if you really go through and do the whole project right, it is probably going to cost about as much as the car...
I have a budget of 28K detailed out so far. Yes, I have budgeted for brakes , suspension, new wheels etc.

How did you decide to do APS TT over GReddy or JWT?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Call GTM. If I remember if you buy the kit from them and have them do a motor build they will pick up your car at your house for no charge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Call GTM. If I remember if you buy the kit from them and have them do a motor build they will pick up your car at your house for no charge.
Thanks all for the input, talked with Sam at GTM in Rancho Cucamonga and he really knew his stuff and could articulate all of the differences in packages, options, etc. When I have the cash, I will stroke to 4.2L and do APS Extreme on the motor with these guys. Cool thing was that Sam will sell you an HKS Fcon preloaded so if you wrench your car with a shipped engine they built it will start up and run OK. He then said he would fly to Seattle for a final tune. Now that's service! Now all I need is 14K to build out the motor.. I will probably visit them as they are close to Ontario Airport and I have a business trip there in September..maybe get a spin in a 700HP Z :>

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
jeese, the amt of cash still dumbfounds me every time.

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
jeese, the amt of cash still dumbfounds me every time.
+1
Nothing against the Z but this is not the engine or platform that I would put that kind of tune money into. Turbo is one thing, TT is another and TT with internals and the kitchen sink on a 6 cylinder car with a body change due, is altogether another.

Do you want to be driving the next "300" with a $#!+ load of power?

jmo

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
+1
Nothing against the Z but this is not the engine or platform that I would put that kind of tune money into. Turbo is one thing, TT is another and TT with internals and the kitchen sink on a 6 cylinder car with a body change due, is altogether another.

Do you want to be driving the next "300" with a $#!+ load of power?

jmo
Well I don't know, I mean the dude will have one of the baddest cars on the street. If money is absolutely not an issue at all, I can see it. He could make a thousand horsepower with that set up, and 6, 8, or 16 cylinders, that is A LOT of power. I would NOT, however, even ponder a project like this if money were even an afterthought. You need another car, and aside from parts and labor, which will obviously be well in excess of 20k, it sounds like maybe even 30 if he still intends on suspension and brakes which will be a MUST. BUT, the dude sounds like he has the money, and I am not the type to hate because I don't. I say go for it man. You are gonna have a baaaad car that will have devil begging his mom for another 15k.

I see what you're saying, this will end up being a 60, 70k 350Z that can be had for less than 20k these days, but hey, it will be faster on the street than almost anything else.
Just something to consider, it's not going to be good for anything other than a sick street car. I think surf was getting at the fact that it's still going to be a sucky drag car, and good luck with that much power at autoX or something... I find a 400 hp Zee that is lightened up a bit with great suspension and looks to be an awesome all around street/track car, but having said that, I'm not saying I wouldn't take a built motor if someone dropped it in my lap.

Again, I say go for it, keep us updated, and good luck!!!

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Well I don't know, I mean the dude will have one of the baddest cars on the street. If money is absolutely not an issue at all, I can see it. He could make a thousand horsepower with that set up, and 6, 8, or 16 cylinders, that is A LOT of power. I would NOT, however, even ponder a project like this if money were even an afterthought. You need another car, and aside from parts and labor, which will obviously be well in excess of 20k, it sounds like maybe even 30 if he still intends on suspension and brakes which will be a MUST. BUT, the dude sounds like he has the money, and I am not the type to hate because I don't. I say go for it man. You are gonna have a baaaad car that will have devil begging his mom for another 15k.

I see what you're saying, this will end up being a 60, 70k 350Z that can be had for less than 20k these days, but hey, it will be faster on the street than almost anything else.
Just something to consider, it's not going to be good for anything other than a sick street car. I think surf was getting at the fact that it's still going to be a sucky drag car, and good luck with that much power at autoX or something... I find a 400 hp Zee that is lightened up a bit with great suspension and looks to be an awesome all around street/track car, but having said that, I'm not saying I wouldn't take a built motor if someone dropped it in my lap.

Again, I say go for it, keep us updated, and good luck!!!
Actually, all I was suggesting was wait for the design change in 10 or 11 and do it to the first year so you're driving a kick ass new Z as opposed to the "last body style"....but I'm shallow that way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts