Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about two months, or so, away from buying a 350Z. I have been researching it for the past few months and have decided on one of the lower level models (as in...with cloth seats). I really love the leather seats, but I don't wan't to pay $4,000 extra for them...If a great opportunity came up to buy a touring version, I would jump at it...but I am not expecting it.

So anyway, the first thing I want to do is change out the seats. What is the best way to go about this? Should I try to have the stock seats wrapped by an upholstry shop? Should I buy something aftermarket? is there a good way to purchase Original Equipment leather seats from nissan?

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
They'll most likely get their $4000 from ya if you try to buy anything like that OEM from Nissan. So in the end it would defeat the purpose. Theres a few people on here that have had their seats re-done and are verry happy.. they should be chiming in with pics shortly.. sit tight :)

And welcome to the Tech!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I wrapped my seats with leather covers from www.leatherseats.com and am very happy with the results. I had another 350Z owner sit in them and was surprised at the quality and fit. He said that they were looked better than stock, and fit very well with very little creases (I was worried about this at first). Their prices are very reasonable and customer service rocks!! :irock:

I decided to go with a dark red color for my seats, arm rests, and shifter boot, as well as an embroidered "Z" in the headrests with matching dark red thread to smoothly match the seats. Sorry no pics.

If I had to do it again, the only thing I would consider changing is the leather type. I would try to obtain European style leather as oppossed to the American hide as it is higher quality. Don't get me wrong, the leatherseats.com leather is not half bad (similar to stock), but it is not the same leather you get from BMW or Aston Martin.

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.

I checked out LeatherSeats.com and noticed that they don't have anything for the '06 model. Do you think this is just a matter of updating their site?

As far as I am aware, the 350Z keeps the same seats as previous models....correct?

G

·
No they were not hard at all to install, just make sure you get the Z brackets and sliders with the seats, as far as the harness goes they were easy too, but you really need a harness bar for them to be 100% effective. Buddy I think it was 13-1400.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts