Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on top of the drivers seat the seatbelt is rubbing the finish right off the leather, it is also happening on the side and on the passenders side.

I was told that Nissan made a bracket in 04 that went up on headrest area to lift the belt past the seat.

Anyone have these or know of such a product as I want to preserve what is left as this is not covered by any TSB even though it should be.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Jul 13 2005, 09:30 AM
hahah I have a post it on my desk reading "04 seat belt bracket" :rolf2: but have yet to research it.  My belt doesn't rub the leather, but it sits across my chest weird and thought it would maybe help so all you 04 owners chime up! :wavey:
[snapback]131211[/snapback]​

My seat belt pisses me off where it comes accross... Getting 2 seatbelt tickets now has made me wear mine. (I am sure that is a good thing.)

Anyways, as of today I ordered this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Maybe this will work for Jinx... As for buZ I got nothen for ya man sorry. :(

·
Registered
100 Posts
heres a pic of my bracket on the seatbelt that came with my 05.. I think the belt is comfortable..
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/borg256/beltMedium.jpg');}" />

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, I'm gonna ride over the dealer and see if they can get me a pair - I want to see if I can prolong the leather covers for as long as possible.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a pair including bolts and nuts that I bought from Global Z Japan, they work on all models. If interested I would sell. THanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a pair including bolts and nuts that I bought from Global Z Japan, they work on all models. If interested I would sell. THanks
Could you please give another link to a place I could buy this conversion kit? I have an 03 and tried to get them today from Nissan. They basically told me that it's not possible. I'm really not a fan of reaching HELLA far back to get my seatbelt every time and would LOVE to upgrade. Help please!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I don't believe there is a conversion kit available. The Nissan parts departments at 3 differrent dealers told me the extender bracket is only sold as part of the complete seatbelt assembly. MSPR is approximately $170 each, left or right. So, unless you want to replace the entire seatbelt, you're out of luck unless you can find a totaled late model Z to scrounge parts from.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts