Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 1st post, so here goes.

How are people that live in the cold climates dealing with the "Seal Tight Window Feature" on their 350Z cars? Currently I keep a spray bottle of window de-icer handy, but this is a pain in the ass when I am at work. I guess I could leave the drivers window down a little bit, but thats risky.

Surely someone has an appropriate solution!!

Thank you in advance for your input.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Welcome, oldfart! (from one to another!)

Excellent question. My Z is the first car I've owned with this feature. I'm not sure why its on there, but it is.

I come from "up north" where most winter mornings are sold cold, windows won't work until the car warms up inside.

I'm looking foward to subsequent posters and their answers to this.

By the way, good to have you with us. Post some pics when you can. :cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
i didn't even think about that. here, it doesn't snow, it rains then ices up. i can just see myself going out to my car and opening the door like normal and shattering the window because it didn't roll down. i guess i'll have to put a bottle of deicer in the trunk and go that route.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is my 1st post, so here goes.

How are people that live in the cold climates dealing with the "Seal Tight Window Feature" on their 350Z cars? Currently I keep a spray bottle of window de-icer handy, but this is a pain in the ass when I am at work. I guess I could leave the drivers window down a little bit, but thats risky.

Surely someone has an appropriate solution!!

Thank you in advance for your input.

WELCOME OLD FART, ANOTHER ONE HERE FROM CLEVELAND........I GUESS WE'LL FIND OUT!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
deicer is probably your best route. Only had to deal w/ this a couple of times and then I got the audi for winter driving. I didn't have deicer, so I just used my scraper very carefully, very slowly. eventually got them to go down. But yeah, that is an issue. Unless you get a cover and cover her up every night, but I wouldn't put a cover over her if she's salty :ahhh: Heat gun on low? :dunno: Hairdryer and an extension cord? :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts