Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving, the other day, on the interstate and the car in front of me kicked up a rock. It went off the center traffic barrier and careened off my left rear quarter panel, leaving an inch and a half long scratch in the paint, exposing the base metal. I am planning on getting the front lip of the front bumper painted in the spring. (I got a little too close to the curb when parking my car the second week I had it. I used to have a Ford Explorer and did not have to worry about ground clearance). And now am going to get the scratch repaired at the same time. However, is there something I can use now as a quick fix, so the scratch is not exposed over the winter?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Ouch. Clean it, then use touch up paint for now. Hopefully, the shop can sand it out and repaint it whole again.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
How well did that blob stuff work jinx? I was thinking about getting some too, but I wanted to hear your opinion on it first.

How much should a bumper repaint cost also?

·
Registered
36 Posts
It does what it claims to do. But it is far from perfect. Langka is basically works as a paint thinner, it dissolves the excessive paint while leaving adequate paint to fill in the scratch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts