Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I got a place for a month in Sydney last night and it's got the most moronic underground garage in the f*cking world!!!! Anyway, I can manouver around it without hitting anything (I hope!) but on teh entry, I am scraping the bottom a bit around the driver's seat area. I am going in at the tightest angle I can to reduce scrape, but I think it'll be a problem... I am there fro 4 weeks. Do you think it's going to f*ck my car up?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
hmm at frist i thought the title was funny, scrapping bottom, ok nevermind.

well, i would be worried about it, and I would try to find another place to park. is there any where else to park?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Iggy:

It will most likely to be the Y pipe flex that you are scrapping... and IF you are not lucky, after a month of doing so, your flex will most likely be damaged. I had my flex nearly damaged and if I get it scrapped one more time, I think the exhaust will leak at the flex section at the driver side too.

best of luck!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by JTS2005@Aug 10 2005, 09:45 AM
hmm at frist i thought the title was funny, scrapping bottom, ok nevermind.

well, i would be worried about it, and I would try to find another place to park.  is there any where else to park?
[snapback]143829[/snapback]​

Sydney downtown... parking on street (if you can find it!) ... not good idea :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I agree with Ritchie. Its probably the flex pipe. I scrapped one of mine, but the concertina section inside the metal braid flex component is ok.

BTW, I have 12mm thick steel checka plates between my driveway and the road to flatten the approach, otherwise I would not be able to garage my car.

Can you find another place for the time you spend in Sydney. Rubbing the flex a minimum of 2 times per day for a period of 1 month will surely wear through the flex joint and concertina = exhaust leak!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I decided it was a smarter idea to find alternative parking, so I am now parking on the street right in front of the police HQ, which has 50 cameras around, so I think it'll be fairly safethere :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts