Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. so im here to tell everyone that Sport Compact Pro is issuing out "Sponorships" they dont tell you in the ad that its a "partial" one.

I received an email saying that my 03 Z was sponsored and that the funds received would be from 3k-25k..

I of course was so happy.. They wanted an 88.00 application fee for consideration.. This 88 would go to victims of illegal street racing..

I found out today that this is b.s. How it really works is this;

Say i get a contract for 12k

I get parts at wholesale or just below it.. savings from 10-55% off all products.. so if i buy a greddy tt kit for 4900.00 and they retail for 6500.. the sponsorship pays the difference.. so that would be 1600.00

so then the 1600 would be subtracted from my 12k original sponorship..

i asked about how much some of the parts would cost.. and some were just complete crap in savings...

a greddy tt kit.. with the intercooler goes for about 5200-5700 on average ..

they said it would cost me 4800 WITHOUT the intercooler..

IM LIKE WTF????

then EIBACH SPORT SPRINGS.. i can get for 230.00 retail.. he goes.. they cost 350.00

so basically its all a waste.. he said the only way to get full sponsorship is to win car shows or drag races..

im like what a waste?

So IMHO this is such a waste... DONT BOTHER!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
They've got 'dealer pricing'!

Doesn't it just p!ss you off when deez payasos try to take advantage?

What's worse is you know some poor sap somewhere is 'going for it'....

If they got nuttin better than group buy prices, they got nuttin!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Somehow these magazines are promoting this crap by running their ads. I wouldn't even think about this, but some people don't know until it is too late. Tell everyone you know that it is a scam. Your best bet is to try and get a sponsorship yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts