·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no worries mate.. im a computer manwhore by trade so its no trouble at all haha

·
Registered
288 Posts
Top article I'm so happy they liked it, thanks nang for posting it makes me pround to be an Aussie. :shiftdrive: :shiftdrive:

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
326kW and 545Nm - OH MY GOD!!!!

David - you are a lucky man. BTW, in the article, they list the weight as the same as a standard NA Z, which is incorrect. Do you know how much weight the APS TT added to the Z?

Nang3 - thanks heaps for scanning and posting the article.

·
Registered
288 Posts
KY350

I'm not sure, but the addition are not that much 1 intercooler and 2 turbo's are the only bits added of any weight value, manifold are around the same, piping may add a couple of kg's. I'll try and find out from APS but at a guess 15 - 17kg.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
326kW and 545Nm - OH MY GOD!!!!

If I'm not mistaken that is the APS test-car, which was running a little bit more boost than in the kits that they sell. If I remember correct, it's running 0.2bar more ... DavidC can tell us better how much power does the kit actually produce in 'production' trim.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DavidM - yes it is the APS test car, and it achieved 427hp at the wheels, which i guesstimate to be about 320kw at the wheels..

the APS test car is running at 9.2psi and the production target is 8psi but i think DavidC aka ZTRACK is running a little less than that for the time being....

either way i know what il be buying at taxtime next year hehehe

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
DavidM,

That 326kw is at the flywheel. In the article they mention that the kit puts at 280rwkw or 375rwhp which would make those numbers the production values. :)

Dont forget they can turn the boost up or down as they want and this is Motor magazine which states flywheel numbers unless otherwise stated.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I don't think that was the APS test car. From memory, the pictures of the Z in that article featured the driver on the right of the vehicle. The APS test car is left hand drive, not right - check out their vids.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by ZTRACK@Nov 2 2004, 06:01 AM
KY350

I'm not sure, but the addition are not that much 1 intercooler and 2 turbo's are the only bits added of any weight value, manifold are around the same, piping may add a couple of kg's. I'll try and find out from APS but at a guess 15 - 17kg.

That's lighter than I thought. I envisaged that the TT would push the weight of the stock Z up to 1500kg. If its less than 20kgs, thats very acceptable in my opinion (in terms of not overly affecting the weight distribution of the Z).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts