Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering if any you could help me. please.

1. I have an 04' Touring model with the bose and was wondering if it is pre-wirred for sirius or xm radio? if yes which is better?

2. can i buy the reciever thingy at any audio shop or do i have to buy from the dealship?

3. Do i have to install a new antenna if so where can i HIDE it?

thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i dont thinkit is pre-wired for either of those, but i do know that you can buy a reciever for the sirius and probably the xmradio as well. gundam03 has it installed on his and i have seen it first hand. he also has hidden his in his dash so its not laying around. you might be better off buying a HU sirius or xm ready.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I first had an add component for Sirius (when I had the stock Bose system). The sound sucked, but probably due to the Blose. When I changed my entire system, I got a Clarion Sirius headunit. I mounted the antenna on the crossbar. Several members have mounted the antenna there with no problems.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Originally posted by disturbed2483@Aug 31 2004, 05:11 PM
hey i was wondering if any you could help me. please.

1. I have an 04' Touring model with the bose and was wondering if it is pre-wirred for sirius or xm radio? if yes which is better?

2. can i buy the reciever thingy at any audio shop or do i have to buy from the dealship?

3. Do i have to install a new antenna if so where can i HIDE it?

thanks in advance for your help.

1. Only if it is a satellite radio ready. It will say on the front if it is or not. If it is you need a Clarion Tuner and that is it. The HU will display the satellite radio info on the display. I have sirius, I've never heard XM, but if you like football sirius is the way to go (ALL NFL GAMES!!!!!!!!)

2. Not sure on the tuner, I would think that you can get a clarion tuner anywhere that sells them.

3. If it doesn't have a tuner already then yes you have to install an antenna. I installed my inside the dash up front and it works great. You can't see it at all.

As far as if you don't have satellite ready you can still go with this. The tuners have the option of going FM modulated where it taps into your antenna line, this is what I do.

In my opinion FM radio doesn't even come close. CD's of course sound better then a FM modulated feed so if you want digital quality Satellite radio you have to go satellite ready HU.

I have pics of my install, just not here, if you want me to post them let me know and I can. And any other questions, fire away if I can answer them I will.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
As far as which is better, I think it's a matter of personal preference. XM jumped out into the market first, and grabbed a huge market share. Sirius took a little more time to develop all their stuff.

I believe the 04 Tourings may have had a satellite radio option, but I don't really know the specifics of that. If you opt to get a new head unit, the brand you choose will determine which company you use. My Alpine is XM-ready, and my Kenwood is Sirius ready

1 - 5 of 5 Posts