Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Rick Santorum is a megalomaniac who is only staying in the Republican Presidential primary race now to make a name for himself so he can run in 2016. He doesn't care about his party and actually wants Obama to win because if Romney wins the 2012 general election, incumbent Presidents never lose in the primaries for their second term election, and then Santorum has to wait until 2020. If you have another rational explanation, please post it up.

·
4,328 Posts
It's clear that Rick Santorum wants to be the GOP's nominee the next time around, whether that be 2016 or 2020. The Republican Party has a long standing tradition of nominating the guy who came in 2nd place the last time around. So, I would guess he's simply running for second place.

With that said, I don't think he could get elected to president even if he had the cure for cancer and was handing out winning lottery tickets.

-Ronin Z

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think he could get elected to president even if he had the cure for cancer and was handing out winning lottery tickets.
From your mouth to god's ear . . . and I'm an atheist.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:lol: Good one, Richard.

I haven't thought about the 2016 or 2020 theory, but it sounds credible. If that's the case, then this guy is devious and smart.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:thumbsup:
Same here.
Why do atheists eat babies? Because they're delicious, that's why.
-RZ
"Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position." Bill Maher

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
I think Rick Santorum is a megalomaniac who is only staying in the Republican Presidential primary race now to make a name for himself so he can run in 2016. He doesn't care about his party and actually wants Obama to win because if Romney wins the 2012 general election, incumbent Presidents never lose in the primaries for their second term election, and then Santorum has to wait until 2020. If you have another rational explanation, please post it up.
Can you name one presidential candidate in our lifetime who was NOT a megalomaniac? And keep in mind that Hillary stayed in the race much later than this and she apparently had no intentions of ever running again. I don't like Santorum, way too conservative for my tastes but he is no different than most. Now Gingrich - there is one guy who I can't figure out for the life of me why he hasn't dropped out.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you name one presidential candidate in our lifetime who was NOT a megalomaniac? And keep in mind that Hillary stayed in the race much later than this and she apparently had no intentions of ever running again. I don't like Santorum, way too conservative for my tastes but he is no different than most. Now Gingrich - there is one guy who I can't figure out for the life of me why he hasn't dropped out.
Hillary had a real chance. I voted for her in the California primary because I figured it was a 2 for 1, and we'd have Bill back in the White House.

I was actually hoping Gingrich would win the nomination. He is the most unlikeable politician in the last 50 years, and would guarantee that Obama is re-elected, although Obama is too conservative for my tastes.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Hillary had a real chance. I voted for her in the California primary because I figured it was a 2 for 1, and we'd have Bill back in the White House.

I was actually hoping Gingrich would win the nomination. He is the most unlikeable politician in the last 50 years, and would guarantee that Obama is re-elected, although Obama is too conservative for my tastes.

:ahhh: smh

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
^^^ I figured the reactionaries here would like that. Obama increased the war effort in Afghanistan and has kept some American personnel in Iraq. He supported bombing Lybia. He compromised so much on the Health Care Plan that it is a shell of the One Payer System we should have, and which every other Westernized democracy in the world already has. He caved in on closing Guantanamo Bay. He caved in on trying the 9/11 terrorists in New York. He followed Bush's lead in connection with the bank bailout. He didn't hold Wall Street and the big banks responsible for the great Recession--no one was prosecuted. He compromised and cow-towed to the Republicans during his first two years, when he had big majorities in both houses of Congress and could have rammed his agenda through. He is a moderate to somewhat conservative Democrat and has been an utter disappointment as President, promising way more than he has delivered. In November, I will hold my nose and vote for him because he's better than whoever the Republicans put up.

·
Registered
138 Posts
“I'm not an old, experienced hand at politics. But I am now seasoned enough to have learned that the hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning.”

Adlai Stevenson, two-time loser.

·
4,328 Posts
[/B] :ahhh: smh
LOL. I know this comes as shock to many Americans, especially conservative ones, but there really isn't much of a political Left in the United States. Our country's political spectrum pretty much swings from slightly left of center to fairly far Right. With the "middle" being right of center.

-RZ

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Anyone who runs for Prez has to have a huge ego to think they can go the distance and win it. Of course, they surround themselves with worshippers who tell them that anything is possible.

Gingrich is just plain crazy and doesn't know how to take good advice if it bit him in the ass.

In November, I will hold my nose and vote for him because he's better than whoever the Republicans put up.
I'm with you. There's no way I'm voting for any of the Republicans this year.

Here's to another 4 years with Obama. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
So the man broke **** near every campaign platform he ran on, ran up trillions more in debt, tells the Russians he will be more flexible with them after the election, and you are going to vote for him again. Sure - makes perfect sense. For a sheep.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So the man broke **** near every campaign platform he ran on, ran up trillions more in debt, tells the Russians he will be more flexible with them after the election, and you are going to vote for him again. Sure - makes perfect sense. For a sheep.
The choice is to vote for Mr. 1%. More like Mr. 0.000001%. Do you really think the Mormon Daddy Warbucks has your interests at heart?

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
I'm a Libertarian - I don't want anyone to have my best interests at heart I want to be left alone. No party has done a **** thing for my small business, or me personally in 28 years now, and we have survived just fine. If more American's would get off their dead asses and fend for themselves, we would be much better off. And the fact that Romney is a Mormon matters to me not a whit. As far as him being Daddy Warbucks, I don't care either - I can't remember the last valid candidate who was not much richer than most of us. I don't buy into that 1% - 99% crap anyway. I am part of the 1% by the loonies definition and make no apologies for it. That is not to say I will vote for him - I'm no different than you in that regard in that it comes down to the least of the worst. Per usual.....

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Libertarianism is a lot like communism... a good idea until you actually try to apply it to real living breathing people.

-RZ
And Ron Paul is sooooo conservative that he's liberal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts