Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When:Sep. 18th '05 (Sunday) Meeting at 6:15am for a prompt 6:30 leave time.
What: Run from Treasure Island into San Francisco for a quick city tour and then to then back.
Why: Cause nobodies on the streets that early so it's the perfect time to explore the city.
Please be sure to arrive with plenty of fuel.

I know this is early but it is so worth it. The city is nearly deserted at this time and we should be able to move through it easily. This is not a speed event, it is a tour of the city that's a lot of fun.

The basic plan is:

* Meet treasure island @ 6:15am - at approximately 100 avenue palms, 94130

* departure @ 6:30am

Get back on bay bridge and head into the city. We'll get off at the Fremont St. exit and head to the Embarcadero. We'll go through Fisherman's Wharf and up to the twisty section of Lombard St. then down past Fort Mason and by the Marina.

* quick regroup at marina green @ 7:05~7:15am

Parking lot at marina blvd/ scott. This will allow cars to regroup if we get split up.

Drive through Presidio by the Golden Gate Bridge & Legion of Honor, then towards Lands End, Seal Rock, and Ocean Beach.

* quick regroup at ocean beach @ 7:30~7:40am

Parking lot at Ocean Beach across from Golden Gate Park.

Then we continue through Golden Gate Park and towards Castro where we get on Market St. and head up hills above SF to Twin Peaks.

* twin peaks @ 8:00am

Last Stop at the parking lot of the observation area. From here we will head back down and get on the highway back towards TI.

This route may be slightly modified along the way depending on time constraints. Maps will be given out to help with the route at the Treasure Island meeting point and the cars will probably break up into smaller groups as there may be many participants.

I did this run with a bunch of Minis a few weeks ago and it was a blast, credit for run design and planning go to my buddy Mas in Mini Owners of America, San Francisco who led this run for us, hope to see you there!

If you want to get a shot of your car with the city light behind it, you need to be there before 6:30 as that is when the lights go out on the Bay Bridge.

I pre-ran this yesterday and it is all very lowered Z friendly and we should have little trouble staying together.

Chris

PS, this is the same day as the Treasure Island photo shoot and Red Robin meet so you can do this run and still have plenty of time to get to RR if that is your plan.

1) HyperSprite
2) Whatever (tentative)
3) 4myZ350
4) corsair
5) Moodie--w/his WIDE AWAKE WIFE
6) yeperra

1 - 2 of 2 Posts