Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been hearing the Z doesnt handle boost very well and that on a stock engine u have to keep the PSI fairly low. does anyone have some input on this?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
there is a lot of history on this subject, but mostly it comes down to making sure you have all the necessary parts for forced induction and a safe and reliable tune. I wouldnt go over 10psi on the stock engine..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Horsepower is the limiting factor not psi. Your engine will only hold a certian amount of power before it pops. The power you make at a certian psi is different for every car. Im not sure what the vq can handle but I wouldnt try to going over 400hp on a stock block.

The most important thing is to tune your car well, like illz33 said pistons fear heat, there are 2 boosted g35's by me that both blew up cause they were tuned lean.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
There is no such thing as "SAFE PSI"...A N/A motor equiped with F/I is not a 100% safe method regarless of what kit you choose. It all comes down to state of tune, maintainance,and luck basically..Some motors can go with 4psi on a perfect tune and some hold 10psi for 20-30,000 miles with no issues..There is no real 100% answer to "SAFE BOOST".. Remember, boost doesnt kill engines, people with BOOST kill engines...

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
There is no safe at all concerning the modification of the clear your engine. Especially, when forcing induction and turbos is added. As for this we should you make the knowledge perhaps carefully and something you break. When the directly it is best safe plan, it proves appropriate adjustment many times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts