Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had asked this question on another board (wont say the name), and couldn't get an answer cause i couldn't get on :locked:

moving on....

Does anyone here run or know someone who is running an Apexi SAFC-II fuel computer? i'm looking to get one and just would like to know how well it works on the Z.

Of course it will be tuned on a dyno by a professional. I'm just worried about installing myself as well.

Any info would be apretiated... thanx in advance.

:shiftdrive:

·
Registered
410 Posts
hey travis i did a search on the other board and found people were getting close to 10whp...they said it really helped if you had a lot of mods on the car.....so I would say get one....I know i will

·
Registered
65 Posts
Originally posted by LuKsEaZy@Nov 5 2004, 02:41 PM
HEY LIONKILLER....I CAN FIND IT FOR 280 TO 305 ON EBAY AND OTHER SITES TOO.....

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET ONE

I think they are actually around $250ish on ebay.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'm hoping that with intake, plenum, exhaust, adj. fuel pressure regulator, I can make some N.A. H.P.

BUT -I ain't buyin any ish off eGay (see article):

eBay Sellers Must Pay $90,000 For Bidding Up Items

POSTED: 6:54 am EST November 8, 2004

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Eight eBay sellers were ordered to pay nearly $90,000 in restitution and fines after admitting they bid up products online to inflate the prices.

New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer said more than 120 people will receive restitution in the settlement of the three cases, which wrapped up last week in state courts.

Spokesman Darren Dopp said the cases stemmed from specific complaints, but the office has not conducted a broad investigation of the online auction industry and doesn't know how widespread the practice of phony bidding is.

One buyer, Brad Clarke, 48, of Peachtree City, Ga., already has received a check for $3,089 after overpaying for a 1999 Jeep Cherokee sport utility vehicle he bought on eBay from a New York seller in 2002.

"I'd always been suspicious because it seems like an easy thing to do, to just keep bidding up," Clarke said. "But I was still just completely shocked and very surprised."

Three sellers were accused of making 610 bids on 106 of their car auctions under the user name "Mother's Custom Automotive NY Dealer." They are paying more than $28,000 in penalties and restitution, Spitzer said. Their lawyers declined to comment.

In another case, the operator of an art auction house and two former employees were accused of bidding on more than 1,100 of each others' eBay items for more than five years to drive up the prices. Some paintings sold for thousands more than they were worth.

Spitzer said one of the sellers pleaded guilty to a felony charge, the other two to misdemeanors. They were ordered to pay more than $50,000 in restitution and fines.

The other two defendants were accused of making 170 phony bids on their sports memorabilia items. They agreed to pay $10,000 in penalties and restitution.

Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
What exactly is involved in the install of one of these? Anybody have a DIY?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I just installed mine last Saturday. I am still waiting for my 350evo thorottle body to arrive before I tune it. I can't wait to see what my car will do on the dyno with the 100 shot.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller@Nov 10 2004, 11:55 AM
NICE n/a mods Mr. Dogg!

I'll be interested to see what you dyno at.

I'll be interested as well. 350evo is taking 5 yrs with their throttle bodies and MSD is taking 5 yrs with their window switch. :lame:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Originally posted by Spdu4ia@Nov 14 2004, 12:19 AM
how was the instal?  what was involved?

Hey there brother,

I am not good with electronics especially when it involves a rat's nest so I had my friend do it for me. It took a few hours though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller@Nov 8 2004, 12:40 PM
I'm hoping that with intake, plenum, exhaust, adj. fuel pressure regulator, I can make some N.A. H.P.

BUT -I ain't buyin any ish off eGay (see article):

eBay Sellers Must Pay $90,000 For Bidding Up Items

POSTED: 6:54 am EST November 8, 2004

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Eight eBay sellers were ordered to pay nearly $90,000 in restitution and fines after admitting they bid up products online to inflate the prices.

New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer said more than 120 people will receive restitution in the settlement of the three cases, which wrapped up last week in state courts.

Spokesman Darren Dopp said the cases stemmed from specific complaints, but the office has not conducted a broad investigation of the online auction industry and doesn't know how widespread the practice of phony bidding is. 

One buyer, Brad Clarke, 48, of Peachtree City, Ga., already has received a check for $3,089 after overpaying for a 1999 Jeep Cherokee sport utility vehicle he bought on eBay from a New York seller in 2002.

"I'd always been suspicious because it seems like an easy thing to do, to just keep bidding up," Clarke said. "But I was still just completely shocked and very surprised."

Three sellers were accused of making 610 bids on 106 of their car auctions under the user name "Mother's Custom Automotive NY Dealer." They are paying more than $28,000 in penalties and restitution, Spitzer said. Their lawyers declined to comment.

In another case, the operator of an art auction house and two former employees were accused of bidding on more than 1,100 of each others' eBay items for more than five years to drive up the prices. Some paintings sold for thousands more than they were worth.

Spitzer said one of the sellers pleaded guilty to a felony charge, the other two to misdemeanors. They were ordered to pay more than $50,000 in restitution and fines.

The other two defendants were accused of making 170 phony bids on their sports memorabilia items. They agreed to pay $10,000 in penalties and restitution.

Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press.

I think I had something like this happen to me just the other day. I was bidding on some used Hotchkis sway bars. The bid started out at $150 and was going for another 5 days or so. There were 2 other bids from members who have purchased and sold other products so nothing seemed funny. About 30 minutes before the auction was going to end my top max bid was $180 and I was winning at the bidding with $177.50. Then out of the blue a guy with no history comes in and out bids me. So I rebid thinking if I can get these things for $200 I would still make out OK. Anyway I kept rebidding and rebidding until I finally stopped at $230 and I still was not the high bidder! To make a long story short why would anybody max bid $50 dollars more than the currect bid! Is was actually higher but I stopped at $230 just to see how far I could push it. Total scam in my opinion... Besides I can get these sway bars for around $250 bucks brand new so there was no need to keep bidding. I think this a-hole got a buddie to trump up the bidding right before the sale was about to end. The **** with eGay...

·
Registered
45 Posts
LOL the same items are back on ebay for sale by the same seller! Figures! This time he has a "Buy Now" amount for $230! I sent him a hate mail along with the artical that was posted lionkiller.

:soapbox:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yeh. I know a wholesaler here who won't even sell parts to a business without a 'storefront'...says it runs their rep down to have their parts scammed on the web.

That being said, there are enough reputable web businesses that you can find the parts at virtually the same price from a place with an actual return policy.....and address. I buy parts from any 3 of these places: Jegs, etc.....

I'm over that bidder ish.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts