Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Richie,

Any chance of some vids of your car, start up, idling, bonnet open reving, driving from inside and a WOT drive by?

No pressure. :)

GT300 Nismo Race 350z with Carbon Panels
http://www.volante.com.au/temp/ztune.wmv

Its starts up, idles, goes slow in pit lane, flys around the track pits, retune, off again.

You might want to watch it a few times, I love the start up.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Murray:

I love the sound of the GT300 as well... I don't think you can call it RICE though.... it is a pure racing car sound and that's how it should sound like I reckon...

Sadly that my car does not sound anywhere near that... My start up is VERY FREAKING LOUD (cold start) because the rpm will shoot out up to 2K rpm... then it slowly comes down, and after a few cycle of idle hunts, it settles itself at 800rpm... my car's exhaust nose goes dramatically louder when the engine rpm passes 2500rpm...

After I get it back from nizpro, I will see what I can do with the sound tracks... it is finally going into the workshop to get the intake done and i hope things will go well (no other problems encountered with the larger intake and the bell mouth)... I should get it back at the end of the week!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
303 Posts
A bit too much drone for my liking...

And that must be bloody loud! The idle sounded nice though... You could just hear it under the drone from the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sounds crap in pitlane because it is not going flat out, it has to stick to the speed limit but apart from that its awesome. Its a GT300 race car with carbon fiber panels so it would weight about 1050kg and it has a Nismo race tuned engine. Its is a full on race car so by definition it cant be rice.

Dont forget it has to suck air through small restrictors and as its a race car it doesnt have a muffler.

I love the start up and idle.

Cool Richie, look forward to seeing how your car goes.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
didnt say the car was rice, far from it

but that exhaust note sounds like all the Mugen stickered Civics in my area, farty and weezy

richie i wouldnt mind hearing ur car with the nismo exhaust as well :shiftdrive:

a question, whats the deal with the yellow headlights? Ive seen US guys put that yellow overlay on and even buy yellow Hid kits???

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Even if it does sound weezy its still the goods because you know it has the credentials, unlike a milo tinned civic. That is the sound of Nismo engineers extracting every bit of power possible when running restrictors and adhering to the rules, without them it could be making 450hp as in Formula Renault 3.5 or more if totally unrestricted.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Originally posted by TPIACE@Jul 4 2005, 07:16 PM
richie i wouldnt mind hearing ur car with the nismo exhaust as well  :shiftdrive:

[snapback]126424[/snapback]​

Sam:

My exhaust sound will not be able to justify the original nismo sound at all due to the engine modifications that I have done with all the after market exhausts from engine downwards... in my opinion... the exhaust sound is a lot meaner than the original nismo and of course.... as I mentioned earlier... original nismo exhaust is VERY JAPANESE STYLE LOUD IMHO and it drones when cruising.... if you like the european tuned car sound, I would really suggest you to go for Yun's exhaust or even the Amuse piece because you will not want to waste your money on something that you will likely to change again later unless money is no object to you... :)

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Sam:

I will see what I can do to get the sound of my car for you guys when it is back in my garage...

You can actually get the Fuji Ti at the same price as the Fuji SS though... I guessed Yun gave you some indications already and mostly those second hand items from japan are all very nice in quality! Once you hear Yun's exhaust note, you will fall in love with it mate! You should ask Yun how many times I told him I love his exhaust sound... hahaha... nearly everytime when I chat with him... :)

I stick with nismo for 2 reasons... Firstly... to get the complete tuned car by using nismo items (almost)... Secondly... my girl-friend (now my wife) bought that for me as a gift to me and you will know what will happen if I sell it... :punch: And that's also one of the main reasons I stick with N/A because I don't wanna waste an exhaust system... sounds pretty lamb... but that's true...

cheers,

richie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts