Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to do a short run with a newer model mustang gt.. He had some exhaust work.. I rolled up behind it and he down shifted giving me that all too familiar mustang “howl” till the next red light.. I looked over and we both new it was on..

I dropped at about 2200K and gripped perfect.. after redline in 3rd.. I had him by 2-3 car lengths..

Another horse bites the dust!

**I do not condone street racing.. this run occurred on a close course by professional drivers**

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by toykilla@May 14 2004, 01:32 PM
Got to do a short run with a newer model mustang gt.. He had some exhaust work.. I rolled up behind it and he down shifted giving me that all too familiar mustang “howlâ€�  till the next red light.. I looked over and we both new it was on..

I dropped at about 2200K and gripped perfect.. after redline in 3rd.. I had him by 2-3 car lengths..

Another horse bites the dust!

**I do not condone street racing.. this run occurred on a close course by professional drivers**

From the line its usually a driver race with those things. Good torque down low. Their top end sucks though. Nice kill!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Thank you for sending another 'horse' to their grave...hehe.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
In the 300ZX I used to be wary of the Mustang GT's, but now I laugh at them, and will continue to do so. But an SVT on the other hand I will give some credit to, until I get my twin turbo setup, then all I will regard all Mustangs the same, i.e. slow gas guzzlers.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Zxrage@Jun 2 2004, 01:51 PM
In the 300ZX I used to be wary of the Mustang GT's, but now I laugh at them, and will continue to do so.  But an SVT on the other hand I will give some credit to, until I get my twin turbo setup, then all I will regard all Mustangs the same,  i.e. slow gas guzzlers.

100% agreed

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you think mustangs are slow, then you must be able to say the same about the Z.

I don't think the GT and up are slow at all, they're pretty decent.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Not saying that they are slow. Its a drivers race from the line stock to stock. Its just up at top end the mustangs will start to lose it. Mustangs are just known for not much top end.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont know, I wouldnt make fun of Mustangs........for 23k 260 hp 0-60 in 5.6seconds, thats good. There fast though......I mean i like the 350zs better but you cant laugh at the only affordable american muscle car left can you???

·
Registered
54 Posts
I raced a 98 or so GT a while back. I only got to 55 before I let off, I already had him by 3 car lengths! Sorry, mustangs suck! No matter how you look at it, it is still a ford.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Here's a race they'll always win: The GT's will see the Junkyard long before the Z's, IMHO.

I bought my Z for fit & finish, durability...and speed. Coulda gone the camaro, moo-tang route, but I wanted to still have a car when the pmts were over...

And chee-zee...The mustangcamaros just ain't made as well...'throwaway ' body styling...the cheapest of plastics inside...

My friend with the '02 Cobra drove my tiptronic touring last week...said it outhandled his car easily....accel. surprised himquite a bit, too. SAid he wished he'd......

Yeh. we're beatin these cars on all fronts.

Problem is there's so dang many of 'em, Hoss....

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Yeah I agree with lionkiller. We were in my friends camaro yesterday. Its a 2000 model and its falling apart already not to mention how ugly it is.. Starters going out, burns oil, a/c comes off if you pull on it. Just nothing about it impresses me at all. It goes fast in a straight line and thats about it.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'll take my '69, If I hafta drive a camaro. At least I know who (me) put it together.

My son had a '90 IROC...handled better 'n the old skool, but overheated all the time...ate a tranny, had more rattles & squeaks than a baby in a bathtub, too.

The Z is quiet, tight, quick. I lean into a lot of corners with it, knowing the 'maro would just spin out...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Originally posted by N2OInjected350Z@Jul 3 2004, 04:29 PM
I dont know, I wouldnt make fun of Mustangs........for 23k 260 hp 0-60 in 5.6seconds, thats good. There fast though......I mean i like the 350zs better but you cant laugh at the only affordable american muscle car left can you???

yeah, but i got Z for $26K brand new, which, obviously, came with 27 extra HP. So, it's same same, except we get better MPG.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts