Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
its a white wire behind the A/C controls on a white box. white wire pin #26. there are three harnesses back there and one has a white wire. there is a white/green wire back there for it too. but that one is used for the stock nav unit. i used the white wire. you should be fin with that one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The ECU doesnt recieve an RPM signal, rather, it recieves a crank angle signal. Most people install some kind of RPM adaptor in order to extract a single RPM signal.

What do you need the RPM signal for?

·
Registered
443 Posts
The ECU doesnt recieve an RPM signal, rather, it recieves a crank angle signal. Most people install some kind of RPM adaptor in order to extract a single RPM signal.

What do you need the RPM signal for?
That is correct. I ended up getting a part from Greddy that was originally for the emange unit that was made for the 350z & G35. It's called GReddy e-manage RPM Signal Extraction Adapter #1 - #15900904. I needed to get an RPM signal for my Apexi SAFC to work properly. There is no wire that will give u a straight RPM reading. This the only I found out from nissan.

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm trying to install the DEFI VSD concept Heads up Display and had problems locating the RPM signal as well. I tried installing the GReddy e-manage RPM Signal Extraction Adapter #1 - #15900904 and my car wouldn't start!

Did you have such problem with your unit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts