Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Stoned Student Allegedly Steals Car From LaGuardia, Gets Lost In Conn.

POSTED: 11:55 am EDT July 12, 2004

CANAAN, Conn. -- A Delaware college student ate a bag of hallucinogenic mushrooms and drove around in a pair of stolen cars before arriving, confused, on a mountain in northwest Connecticut police said.

Paul Cunningham, 21, hiked to a nearby home Thursday night and asked to call 911, police said.

"I think I stole a car," Cunningham told a dispatcher. "I'm not sure."

Police said Cunningham, of Dover, Del., confessed that eating an entire bag of mushrooms, "probably wasn't a good idea." He allegedly told investigators that he had no idea how many laws he broke during a three-day excursion that took him 300 miles from home.

A student at Wilmington College, he told a state trooper that he bought the drugs in Dover on Monday, according to the Republican-American of Waterbury. The next day, he went for a drive and twice got lost in Connecticut.

He told police he remembers taking a train to LaGuardia Airport in New York, where he found a car with its keys in it. He's unsure where he went from there.

"I once again found myself lost in Connecticut," Cunningham reportedly told police.

After locking the keys in the stolen car, Cunningham allegedly stole a van from a Southbury rest stop.

In Canaan, he decided to climb Music Mountain to see what was on the other side, police said. Investigators believe the exercise cleared Cunningham's head.

"I want to correct my mistakes," Cunningham reportedly told Trooper Andre Roy. "In retrospect, this was a bad idea."

He volunteered a written confession, police said. He was arraigned Friday and was held on $2,500 bail. Both stolen vehicles were recovered.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Haha. I'm sure you think you've seen a lot of things at Dead shows!
</span>

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Wow, I've said it before and I'll say it again... crazy **** happens when you're on shrooms. I at least have the good sense to not do them while i'm by myself!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The only thing that makes running with the bulls make any sense is if they're gay and enjoy having large conical shaped objects rammed up their asses.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Originally posted by Lo Fi Ched@Jul 13 2004, 06:34 AM
The only thing that makes running with the bulls make any sense is if they're gay and enjoy having large conical shaped objects rammed up their asses.

i agree, i dont think it would be fun having a big ass bull chase you first of all. Secondly, you have the possibility that one of those horns could kill you !!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I'd do it. (and no, I don't enjoy having large conical shapes shoved up my ass).

Jinxx, when are you swimming with the sharks? I tried to book an opportunity to cage dive with some great whites last time I was in Australia, but it cost about $1000, and they didn't even guarantee we'd see any :(

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Chuck we are going to Nassau the last weekend of July. There are a few dives you can do that are shark dives, and they are only a few hundred...basically they have 2 prof. divers that go down and feed the sharks while you swim above them. I CANNOT wait to do it. I dunno that we'll see any great whites, prob not, but bound to see some awesome sharks! They also have an option where you can just watch from the boat too, doug will be doing that! heeheeheehee BWAK BWAK chick chick chick-EN!!!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Jul 13 2004, 12:46 PM
Chuck we are going to Nassau the last weekend of July.  There are a few dives you can do that are shark dives, and they are only a few hundred...basically they have 2 prof. divers that go down and feed the sharks while you swim above them.  I CANNOT wait to do it.  I dunno that we'll see any great whites, prob not, but bound to see some awesome sharks!  They also have an option where you can just watch from the boat too, doug will be doing that!  heeheeheehee  BWAK BWAK chick chick chick-EN!!!

I don't like hanging out with anything that doesn't respect humans as being the top of the food chain AND as top predator.

Swimming with sharks and running with the bulls are both crazy. At least bulls don't eat you...

But enjoy. I'd be on deck drinking a few with Dougie-poo.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
That's awesome teri... wish I could be there! As for great whites, I'm sure you won't see any... and if you do I'm sure you guys will be out of the water really fast. Gray and white tip reef sharks are... lets just say they're a little less agressive
Sounds awesome though, maybe you'll see some hammerheads. Take lots of pictures!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts