Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Rotora front brake/Seibon CF Hood PICS!!

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  djkern 
#1 ·
There is a local photography pro around here in Albuquerque named Will Fox. These are just a taste of the pics to come. Once again...a few teaser shots until I get more posted. Those Rotora brakes are simply incredible. New source of whiplash in the opposite direction, if you know what I mean.

Rotora 6-piston, 14inch two piece slotted/drilled Rotor.
Seibon CF hood, TS style
Rear brakes on back order, Rotora 4-piston, 14inch two piece slotted/drilled rotor.

See less See more
#4 ·
[/quote]

Okay.

#8 ·
[/quote]

The hood fits great!! Only small issue with the hood prop. For now, I just remove it to shut the hood and place it in the trunk. But, I am sure I will figure it out.

As far as hood pins are concerned, my body shop made a small cable with tie downs on the inside. So, if the hood popped open, then I have a small cable to hold it down. I will have to post a pic, its kinda hard to explain. So, I don't have to use hood pins now.

#9 ·
That is just a beautiful work of art. I'd be afraid to drive it.

Give your wife a hug for those of us that have to pull teeth to get super unleaded in the Z...

#12 ·
[/quote]

The hood fits great!! Only small issue with the hood prop. For now, I just remove it to shut the hood and place it in the trunk. But, I am sure I will figure it out.

As far as hood pins are concerned, my body shop made a small cable with tie downs on the inside. So, if the hood popped open, then I have a small cable to hold it down. I will have to post a pic, its kinda hard to explain. So, I don't have to use hood pins now.
<div align="right">[snapback]92834[/snapback]
[/quote]

ever thought of the hood shocks? those would be pretty sick if it would work out.

also, hood pins would look good on it!! :)

did you ever contact nazar?? if you're heading up to NH to get it done....call me...i wanna see your car!

#13 ·
[/quote]

[/quote]

ever thought of the hood shocks? those would be pretty sick if it would work out.

did you ever contact nazar?? if you're heading up to NH to get it done....call me...i wanna see your car!
<div align="right">[snapback]93025[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have tein hood shocks, in fact they're even painted "GReddy Blue". But, I think I would have to lose my battery and brake fluid covers that I like so much. I have been thinking of just getting them modified to fit the dampners, but just don't have the time right now.

I like hood pins, but don't want to drill that gorgeous hood. Once you drill it, I can only imagine that over time it will get air, dirt and all sorts of crap inside the CF....eventually destroying the hood.

#14 ·
[/quote]

Submarine Officer/Nuclear engineer, currently in NM finishing my Masters in Chemistry.

Yeah, drive slow, quiet and deadly at work, and then drive loud and fast by night. :shiftdrive:

#15 ·
[/quote]

[/quote]

<div align="right">[snapback]93025[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have tein hood shocks, in fact they're even painted "GReddy Blue". But, I think I would have to lose my battery and brake fluid covers that I like so much. I have been thinking of just getting them modified to fit the dampners, but just don't have the time right now.

I like hood pins, but don't want to drill that gorgeous hood. Once you drill it, I can only imagine that over time it will get air, dirt and all sorts of crap inside the CF....eventually destroying the hood.
<div align="right">[snapback]93091[/snapback]
[/quote]

yeah....just modify the areas surrounding the covers. you don't actually have to modify the covers i don't think. i think they would like awesome on there!

i agree about the hood pins. they would look great....but might cause more problems (unless you sealed off where you drilled the holes and made them small enough or put some sort of cloth in there that would hold tight around the pin).

looks awesome man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.