Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone....I am kind of a rookie when it comes to aftermarket tuning and I would to add some horsepower to my car in stages, over the next few years...with the end goal (I believe at this point anyway) being to finish it off with the twin turbo, or super charger...
soooo the rookie question is....are there parts that I would be wasting money on now....because they become redundant, or incompatible with the tt or sc
like for instance if I spend money on the stillen headers...would they become useless, or is some other header already part of the tt package, or is it the right step to take

I think maybe the better thing to ask is.....could someone recommend a good 3, 4, or 5 stage process of tuning for me?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Good question, and one I wish I had thought about when going N/A with my Z. In order to go with Greddy TT, I would have to dump the popcharger intake, headers, and probably the plenum and pulleys. That's a lot of money to flush.

But if you aren't going F/I for a "few years", and you want more power, you gotta jump in. I like the Crawford plenum and dual cat-back as first mods. Don't get the ECU flash until you have all the parts you will be getting for now. That is always your last mod. It pulls everything else together.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
well when u buy a turbo kit u get a turbo manifold so the stillen headers would be a waste of money. Daking is running the borla exhaust with his Procharger. i know most turbo applications end up getting a 3" inch exhaust. A CAI would be waste to b/c the kit will utilizes a downpipe in place of that. You could build the internals up if you wanted to. Start saving, a turbo or SC kit is a never ending MOD in my eyes, b/c theres always gonna be something you will want do to make it better. daking will be here shortly to comment, He's the Omniscient one!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Originally posted by mapleleafzzz@Feb 10 2004, 05:10 PM
hi everyone....I am kind of a rookie when it comes to aftermarket tuning and I would to add some horsepower  to my car in stages, over the next few years...with the end goal (I believe at this point anyway) being to finish it off with the twin turbo, or super charger...
soooo the rookie question is....are there parts that I would be wasting money on now....because they become redundant, or incompatible with the tt or sc
like for instance if I spend money on the stillen headers...would they become useless, or is some other header already part of the tt package, or is it the right step to take

I think maybe the better thing to ask is.....could someone recommend a good 3, 4, or 5 stage process of tuning for me?

Same question i have

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks vm for your input...i did get an aem cai for christmas, but have yet to get it put on my car (still in storage for the winter)....but it is a cheap enuff part and i will take the lil extra it gives me as i am in my building stage....looks like i may go the route of exhaust rims and breaks this year....and then will see
thks again for your responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts