Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran a search but no luck....

Alright who has done it(rolled their fenders) and how easy or hard is it to do?

I need to roll my rear fenders......I a did it on my interga before but I didn't give a rats azz about that car

My Z on the other hand...well....she is my baby soooo need to do it right

thank for the help yall can give me

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
...just have to be careful not to crack the paint on the exterior wheel well...

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I looked into it for a while. My driver's fender was rubbing forever. The places around here wanted way too much to do it, so I ended up taking some vice grips to it. You have to be very careful, it takes a lot of work if your tool is too big, and it's not recommended by anybody. If I had the funds when I needed them I definitely wouldn't have done it myself, and it's not a great job either.

A speed shop down the street from me and a local body shop i asked could both roll them. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
when i get my wheels i think im going to have to roll my fender, the offsets seem just too big.

+30 front
+35 rear

on 20's

but that good info Chris, first time i see a diagram of it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am freakn shreading my rear tire so bad...strips of rubber is coming off...I am going to attempt this today....I will tell you how the results are after I do it.....

thank for the help.....I had to build my confidence up a little bit to go do this

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I am freakn shreading my rear tire so bad...strips of rubber is coming off...I am going to attempt this today....I will tell you how the results are after I do it.....

thank for the help.....I had to build my confidence up a little bit to go do this
My tires were doing the same thing. :werd:

Use the smallest pair of vice grips you can find. I couldn't squeeze hard enough with pliers.

It's not easy, and it's not something I would want to do again for sure. Post up in here if you need any advice or run into any problems. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
when i get my wheels i think im going to have to roll my fender, the offsets seem just too big.

+30 front
+35 rear

on 20's

but that good info Chris, first time i see a diagram of it.

You offsets are too big in the wrong direction.... you are going to rub on the suspension , not the fender lip. If you rub.. you are still stock ride height.

Keep the receipt for those wheels close by. :wink:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
You offsets are too big in the wrong direction.... you are going to rub on the suspension , not the fender lip. If you rub.. you are still stock ride height.

Keep the receipt for those wheels close by.

stock height yes....

i already spoke to the guy and told him if they rub, he is keeping them.
so im not really worried about that.

the thing is Savini themselves gave those offsets based on the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
spacers would be a quick fix as long as it doesn't hit the fenders...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts