Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... I've been watching the Rolex Daytona 24-hour race off and on since yesterday... here's my burning question: Why in the world is there a Mazda RX8 in the line up and not a single Z? If I understood the announcers this morning, the RX8 actually led (it's class?) for a while last night.

So, if not in the Daytona sports car series, then where (and in what venue) are Zs raced... if at all?

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
655 Posts
If you go to the Grand American Road Racing web site (www.grandamerican.com) and look at the rules for the Rolex Series, you will see that specifications for the Z are still TBD, while specifications are listed for the RX-8. The rules haven't caught up with the Z just yet.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
In the JGTC (Japan Grand Touring Championship), the FairladyZ generally dominates the GT300 class. They also are pretty strong in the GT500 class as well. The GT300 is uses ony slightly modified motors for the Z (300hp limit), which is not that much more from stock. It's all in the balance and suspension, two things that are well done on the Z.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

ps. want to see a track Z perform? Watch "The Run" DVD.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Where did you get those pics from? I've ben looking to get my hands on some so I could see what parts they use to put on my car (ie: Endless brakes). I'd appreciate it very much :shiftdrive:

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts