Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My JWT TT Install

The wait is over I finally have a JWT TT kit installed Thanks to Vinny Ten and Nick @ Performance Motorsport !!! The car pulls instantly; originally it was too cold in the North East for me to get a good feel for the car… Last week we had some very good weather, Needless to say I took some time off from work and really got on the car… It is awesome!

However I’m running TT’s on a bone stock Z…. It needs exhaust!!!! I’ll have the exhaust issue taken car of in a few weeks…. At least we know that the JWT TT kit on a bone stock Z is good for 348whp and 349wtq on a Mustang MD Dyno! Another PM customer on this forum produced 413whp with Injen SES1985 exhaust and test pipes on the same Dyno; both cars running @ 6.8psi!!!

My immediate future mods are… New Injen 2.5” True Dual with Ti Tips (on Order) / Motordyne 5/16” Spacer (on Order) / 2.5” resonated test pipe (put aside)

Long term Future mods: VTR motor…. VTR as in (Vinny Ten Racing):icon44:

Special thanks to Vinny, Nick, Damon, Frankie, Mike, Andrew and Gary @ Performance Motorsport! And Adam @ Z1-Auto!:)

Click here for my JWT TT install pics!

Rob P.

Got Boost?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very sweet!

I guess VRT isn't the only shop doing installs. :)
Nope they are not the only ones, orginally I was set on an other kit but that did not work out.... I asked Vinny if he can just one JWT TT kit for me... He did me a great favor.... He loved the kit... It had great potential to grow with... And voila they are a JWT dealer/installer

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. Just out of curiosity.... How much for the whole kit, installed and initially tuned up?
As far as price I can't go into.... It is quite reasonable in comparison to other TT kits... For detailed info call Nick @516/942-2996 Performance Motorsports or [email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so is this still prototype or production?
Prototype.... The prototype should be nearly identical to the final production.... Performance Motorsports has these kit in for that reason... they are working Jim Wolf for final tweeking...

·
Registered
728 Posts
Nope they are not the only ones, orginally I was set on an other kit but that did not work out.... I asked Vinny if he can just one JWT TT kit for me... He did me a great favor.... He loved the kit... It had great potential to grow with... And voila they are a JWT dealer/installer

Awesome to hear that VRT is holding exclusive rights to that kit anymore.

·
Registered
728 Posts
not digging the following on the kit:

oil pan spacer rather than replacement oil pan:

the awkward and sharp angles the piping takes out of the FMIC

Replacement of the washer resevoir with a smaller one - how do you go about filling it? - I would assume your retain the stock filler?
also in this pic, your impact beam is bent?

I don't like the cross over pipe in front of the motor. I would think if you ever wanted to go with a larger radiator, it would require modifying the fan shrowds - though it may not. Also it seems like an extraoidinary about of couplers used.

what looks good to me:
a single air filter in an easily accessable area. Placing the maf before the turbo will allow easier and more reliable tuning using the maf since it will be less inclined to max out like we see on the TN. Though with a setup like a unichip or utec this is a mute point. None the less, it will provide those with low to moderate boost better tuning than if it was placed in the charge pipe and attempting to do a maf based tune.

Fast spooling turbos - same series we see in the APS TT setup, though I have been told they "reconstructed a better compressor housing resulting in less lag and heat" To what extent we will see an improvement over APS' setup, time will tell

other things up in the air:
-Split Second EMS - not the best IMO
-fuel return - sounds like this is an addition to the kit as base kits are running larger fuel pump (boost controled) on stock injectors
-price - rumor is it is supposed to be around 7 grand. If that ends up being the price I would expect at least the style fuel system included in the APS setup, with injectors. Also a better ems in case I get to the point I want to run boost beyond the point the maf maxes out (I understand one can also run a larger maf housing if this happens) and also an EMS that has boost control capabilities
-with the FMIC, what happens to the PS cooler?

I am sure all the specs will come out in time, but just my initial thoughts on the kit

·
Registered
728 Posts
I am surprised no one asked about the BOV? if it incorporates one, and if so, how does it sound? :lmfao:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This may sound like a weird question, but I just bought that same bumper. Where did you get that grille?
Funny...

It is a Bosch Recirculating Valve.... Under High Acc. it will vent into the atmosphere... And I like the sound...
:nana:

·
Registered
728 Posts
I got the grill from Adam @ Z1auto.com
I won't post this on my350 or motoring due to the fact I will be called just a jwt basher:

Originally posted by 1G-350Z
Ravi

Thanks for the compliments...:)

As far as not going with APS, my main reason was service... I was going to get the kit from an APS shop and have my local shop (PM) install it... The APS kit is one of the best on the market! However what if it were missing something or one of the lines were too short... I did not want to be stuck... Say if I were missing one of the induction pipes, I would have go back to XYZ dealer... Then order it and it would end up coming from Aus... How long would that take? :icon22: Were as with TN or JWT they are domestic companies a lot different... Greddy and PE have presence here... APS does not...

The funny part is my kit had a damaged part from shipping... Jim himself got the part from his inventory and shipped next day air!:icon44:

The other thing was the Sport Z magazine article, All the editors loved the JWT Kit....

Those are your reasons, fair enough. That said, I don't think you picked a better quality or more reliable kit. IMO, the SZM article was useless. It gave no real usefull info, there were autos running against manuals, highly varying boost levels from cars, boost leaks, etc. Basically the only useful info came from the comparison chart, it is easy to see APS had the attention to detail. IMO, the most rediculous part of the article was the coments about the factory equpped TT350Z would have been the JWT. I can GARAUNTEE a factory TT Z would not use an oil pan spacer, would include boost control, wouldn't use that aweful washer resevoir, and most likely would include a fuel system more like the APS setup with larger injectors.

You can call me a basher or hater, but from the pics you posted and what I can see from the comparison chart in that article, the JWT is not as complete as the APS, or a similarly assembled greddy kit, nor is it of equal quality (fit and finish) as the APS setup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Easy Zivman

I sense alot of hostility.... Let's remeber why we are here... I have a genuine love for cars like most people on these forums.... My reasons for not going with APS was a lot lot lot deeper than that.... I will not go into it.... It's not my style..... You might be a little pissed cause I questioned APS/Garrett TT HP claims... Trust me alot of people wondered the same thing... I'm really happy with the direction my car is going in... I like to think you feel the same about your car....

I too can cut and post and put your sh*t on motoring and my350...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Rob, good luck with your project and I hope that your totally happy with your choice of TT kit in the future. I know that the turbos that we use in the base APS system are larger than what the JWT guys use, each to their own and there' plenty of market share available for all in the 350Z FI industry.

Happy new year to you Rob.

Peter

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rob, good luck with your project and I hope that your totally happy with your choice of TT kit in the future. I know that the turbos that we use in the base APS system are larger than what the JWT guys use, each to their own and there' plenty of market share available for all in the 350Z FI industry.

Happy new year to you Rob.

Peter
Peter

Thank you for your response. I'm am excited... PM and myself have some interesting stuff planned...

Happy New Year to you as well

·
Registered
728 Posts
Easy Zivman

I sense alot of hostility.... Let's remeber why we are here... I have a genuine love for cars like most people on these forums.... My reasons for not going with APS was a lot lot lot deeper than that.... I will not go into it.... It's not my style..... You might be a little pissed cause I questioned APS/Garrett TT HP claims... Trust me alot of people wondered the same thing... I'm really happy with the direction my car is going in... I like to think you feel the same about your car....

I too can cut and post and put your sh*t on motoring and my350...
The HP claims for the APS turbos are realistic IMO. claims of flow for 800 bhp / high 600's whp, factoring in drivetrain loss, is realistic IMO.

I have seen HP claims for the JWT turbos at 530 whp max.

I say congrats to you and your setup. You are one of the few to have this kit and I hope it gives you many trouble free miles of boosted pleasure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Could not get a copy of the sheet reflecting 348whp.... This is the pull before; tech let go early around 6100 6200...

Any way it shows a wall of instant tq... System needs exhaust so it can open up at top!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts