Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the stock spring rates in the roadster are?

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Don't know rates, however Eibach has springs specifically for the Roadster. If I find out, I'll let you know.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
80 Posts
[/quote]

Nissan did not change the spring rates between the Z, G coupe and the G sedan with the sport suspension. They are all 314/342. And this is even with different springs, Nissan munipulated the springs wire diameters, active coils and made slight changes in outside diameters to keep the rates the same. I would place money on a bet that the roadsteer does not us spring rates that are different then the Z coupe.

Part of the 2004 coupe's suspension revision is the rumored change in spring rate. All roadsteer's from job one have the revised shocks.

If anyone in the lower 48 is willing to send me one front and one rear oem roadsteer spring, I will confirm the spring rates and return the springs to you within 48hours, I'll pay for the return shipping.

·
Registered
80 Posts
[/quote]

Someone from my350Z.com is lending me the springs off his 04.5 350Z with the revised suspenison, which all roadsteers have. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll be able to either confirm or deny the rumor about the rear spring rates.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know have the spring rates you wanted.

The springs I tested came off a 2004 roadsteer, they may or may not be the same springs that are part of the 2004.5 350Z coupe suspension revision. At any rate, the rear spring rates do match the "rumored" rear rate increase for the revised suspenison.

2004 350Z roadster oem spring rates
314/427

2003 350Z oem spring rates
314/342

2005 G35 coupe with sport suspension (oem 19's ONLY)
314/427

1 - 6 of 6 Posts