Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get home yesterday from work. My cousin was being nice and said he washed my car for me. As I was walking around it looking at his job I noticed white water spots on my lips of my Volk Sf Challenges. Apparently he sprayed wheel cleaner on them and it ate thru the finish.

Does anyone know how to remove the white dots., " they look like water spots".

Are the Volk Sf challenges lips clear coated, I think they are.

I've tried vinager and aluminum polish, ITS STILL THERE !!!!!!

I was thinking of wet sanding them.
, Is this a good idea??

If anyone knows how to get rid of this or you need a better description please contact me.

Thanks

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I am in the same boat.. But my polished lips are all foggy and scratch like a rapid animal played with them..

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
yup....nothing you can really do. you have to take them to a shop....have them refinish the lip. they'll strip everything off...re-polish it....and put on a coat of clearcoat.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Originally posted by djkern@Jun 25 2005, 09:07 AM
yup....nothing you can really do.  you have to take them to a shop....have them refinish the lip.  they'll strip everything off...re-polish it....and put on a coat of clearcoat.
[snapback]121846[/snapback]​

oh buddy..you are [email protected]#ed just like one of my rims are. thank god i got to it before the guy continued to the rest.

you can re-polish them...i would say 100-150 per wheel.
you need a pro to do it for you at a shop

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by ayman350z+Jun 25 2005, 08:09 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-djkern
@Jun 25 2005, 09:07 AM
yup....nothing you can really do.  you have to take them to a shop....have them refinish the lip.  they'll strip everything off...re-polish it....and put on a coat of clearcoat.
[snapback]121846[/snapback]​

oh buddy..you are [email protected]#ed just like one of my rims are. thank god i got to it before the guy continued to the rest.

you can re-polish them...i would say 100-150 per wheel.
you need a pro to do it for you at a shop
[snapback]121847[/snapback]​

yup....you got it. that's exactly what they have to do. polish it...then put a new coat of clearcoat on them.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Before you do anything, take a claybar to them. You never know, it may work.

If it's just some "spots", they should come out. If it's eaten through the clear, you'll have to start over from scratch like these guys are saying.

It's worth a shot.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by StudyBuddy@Jun 25 2005, 12:18 PM
Before you do anything, take a claybar to them. You never know, it may work.

If it's just some "spots", they should come out. If it's eaten through the clear, you'll have to start over from scratch like these guys are saying.

It's worth a shot.
[snapback]121907[/snapback]​

it's worth a shot....but, it's probably not going to work since volks don't always come with a coat of clearcoat (i don't think they ever do...i think they're just polished...on clearcoat). so, it's it's probably already stained the polish.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I can't recommend a wheel refinisher, but I can take care of your cousin for you. You know what I'm saying? :cheers:

But - it may cost you a little...

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
yea this same **** happened to mine and it pissed me off but i cant do anything about it. ill get the fixed as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts