Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with me having the touring model and the stock18" rims, ifi i'd want to change them how do I go about ddoing that? i ehard that i have vdc and i have to keep the stager % at something.... i dont understand, im a newbie.

i want my psi sensors to detect the right amount of psi on new rims IF i get them

or is it just not worth it to change the rims. they are not that bad actually

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
then again... i bet i payed extra to get the stock 18 "rims. if i was plannin on switching my rims maybe i shoudve got the base model. oh well i like the stock rims alot, but i would like to see some gold rims on my car but i dont know if i should cuz stock is REALLY nice for soem reason

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Well first I would shop around, see what's out there, shop on 350Z specific stores that way you know the rims will work. If you have the TPMS then you will lose it w/ the new rims unless you take the monitors off the rims and put it on your new ones...I have a friend who made his own little thing to attach it on his new rims....when you find a set of rims that you like then talk w/ the vendor about fitment etc....

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
It's not the offset, but diameter proportions that need to remain the same. If you really want to change that, just disable the VDC (TCS will be disabled as well). Same goes for suspension mods you may be thinking of. Like Jinxxycat stated, you'll need to have the TPMS senders installed on the new rims, if you want to keep the ability to monitor your tire pressure (I would). I think someone posted on how he/she mounted them.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i woudnt want to turn off my traction with new rims also i would want to keep the monitor for my psi. do u know if i could do that. how much is it to install the sensor in the new rims?????

****. Paulo i have the same rims as you. they look tight. i dont know if i should even change them

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
you can keep your TPS - there was a thread I started with a similar ? and someone posted a pic with the TPS remounted and a link to a site that had a special band kit for the remount also.

I think I posted in the Wheels forum

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WELL..... do you think its worth it changing the 18" Touring rims

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure about sizing but you might wanna check out my350z.com when it's up again. Look through the wheels forum and find the Tire Rack rep. You don't have to buy from him, just ask your specific questions. As for the TPMS, if I'm not mistaken the TPMS system can be mounted to 1 piece wheels without modification, just a matter of taking the valve stem monitors onto the new wheels. Now 2/3 piece wheels are a whole different story. If you want to keep the TPMS you're gonna have to "band" them onto your new wheels which is much more difficult. Search the forums for banding. Also check out this dude's site for his experience and read his great write up about the whole process of banding.

http://home.comcast.net/~jcage89/350z/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts