Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys what rim color you think would go good with my 350z, I don't have any pics of my car but this is the same color Z: http://cdn-w.v12soft.com/photos/c6EGKOR/1297771/dn2KZ_640480.jpg

It's like a dark blue.

I love the Volk Racing wheels you see on alot of GTR's but they cost around 600$ each. I can't get them... yet..

So... Plasti-Dip!

For the rim color I don't want to go with black because it got so popular everyone has it. I'm going to plasti dip the rims ( I have 2 years experience with plasti-dip), anywho I probably will buy rims down the road.

The plasti-dip brand has a True Metallic line of cool metals I really like the grey, but here they are..

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/cPVeeEzFQt8/hqdefault.jpg

Does anyone know of another color that sticks out? This dark blue car is kind of weird to me..

·
Registered
111 Posts
from what i heard....plastic dip..dosent have a clear added after the paint..and with the wheels with dirt and chips on the road..some people said...the plastic dip can start to peal off...try another way to paint your wheels...dont waste your money....try to find company that powder coat paint your wheels...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea powder coating would be a good way to get a very unique finish.
I personally use plastidip on my wheels, but only my winter wheels to protect them.
And a lot of forum guys will probably hate this suggestion but since you like the way volks look and can't afford them, I suggest a replica company such as Varrstoen

·
Registered
106 Posts
from what i heard....plastic dip..dosent have a clear added after the paint..and with the wheels with dirt and chips on the road..some people said...the plastic dip can start to peal off...try another way to paint your wheels...dont waste your money....try to find company that powder coat paint your wheels...
Not correct. Plasti Dip has a clear coat version called "Glossifier"
I had to get it at Pep Boys. Not everywhere carries it. I used it on top of the "smoke" color I used over my tail lights.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea powder coating would be a good way to get a very unique finish.
I personally use plastidip on my wheels, but only my winter wheels to protect them.
And a lot of forum guys will probably hate this suggestion but since you like the way volks look and can't afford them, I suggest a replica company such as Varrstoen
Wow thanks! I didn't know about Varrstoen, sadly they don't have the color I want but the shape is the same I might consider the Matte Black the sell.

As I said, I've had so much experience with plasti-dip I know how they peel and chip, but it's just temporary untill I can get real rims. But yeah 4 cans= 40$ for new wheels isn't bad. Gloss maybe another 10$.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not correct. Plasti Dip has a clear coat version called "Glossifier"
I had to get it at Pep Boys. Not everywhere carries it. I used it on top of the "smoke" color I used over my tail lights.
Your name is so funny :lol: ..

Can you help me pick a color? This dark blue I have is really hard to match.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Your name is so funny :lol: ..
Yeah it's a South Park refererence. Lol
I would say white if that's your car. And I'd do the emblems and door handles too. Really easy. Did mine. There's a pic titled 187 on the "members rides" forum of mine all blacked out. Depending on your color, changing a few emblems and the ugly ass silver handles makes a big diff. And if you don't like it, it peels off real rasily. I say go white! Post a pic on this thread do we can see your results .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it's a South Park refererence. Lol
I would say white if that's your car. And I'd do the emblems and door handles too. Really easy. Did mine. There's a pic titled 187 on the "members rides" forum of mine all blacked out. Depending on your color, changing a few emblems and the ugly ass silver handles makes a big diff. And if you don't like it, it peels off real rasily. I say go white! Post a pic on this thread do we can see your results .
Eh... It get's soo dirty >.< I guess it will force me to wash my car often. :lol:

I wanna leave Varrstoen a email for pricing but I don't know the size I should pick. I guess I want 18'' But there's different widths and stuff i'm not familiar with.. Can someone help? This is the chart. Varrstoen | Custom Performance Wheels and Accessories » ES 2

I found this wheel-size.com website and it game me this ( 225/45 R18 / 245/45 R18 8.5x18 ET27 / 9x18 ET27 ) for my 2008 350z rim.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Eh... It get's soo dirty >.< I guess it will force me to wash my car often. :lol:

I wanna leave Varrstoen a email for pricing but I don't know the size I should pick. I guess I want 18'' But there's different widths and stuff i'm not familiar with.. Can someone help? This is the chart. Varrstoen | Custom Performance Wheels and Accessories » ES 2

I found this wheel-size.com website and it game me this ( 225/45 R18 / 245/45 R18 8.5x18 ET27 / 9x18 ET27 ) for my 2008 350z rim.
What I suggest for you... Skip the 18" and go with a 19". They fit the 350 much better. As far as width I suggest 9.5, 10, or 10.5. And an offset in the 20's is ideal for a 350z. I looked at that link you just posted and these are the setups I would suggest for you...
19x9.5 +22
19x10 +25
19x10.5 +22

Other than that, I love the wheel style you chose. Its a replica of a volk and I go to school with somebody that has the matte black varrstoens you just posted and they are nice looking wheels!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
What I suggest for you... Skip the 18" and go with a 19". They fit the 350 much better. As far as width I suggest 9.5, 10, or 10.5. And an offset in the 20's is ideal for a 350z. I looked at that link you just posted and these are the setups I would suggest for you...
19x9.5 +22
19x10 +25
19x10.5 +22

Other than that, I love the wheel style you chose. Its a replica of a volk and I go to school with somebody that has the matte black varrstoens you just posted and they are nice looking wheels!
Wow I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. I kinda want 18's though because I like a comfortable ride. My dad's 20's are so bumpy you can feel everything on the road. Plus i'm going for the race look, I dont want to bling out.

With that being said can you post the size you think I need now?
I have another question I see peoples rims on some videos and it looks like their rim in sticking out of the tire.. I hate this look. Is this the offset? Can you post something so I know what each of these do.. Where can I learn about this stuff.

Edit: found this video:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well with the comfortable ride thing being taken into account, I still suggest you get 19". I have 19" summer wheels and 18" winter wheels and there is no difference between the two as far as ride is concerned.
Not gonna lie, I did not watch that video but what you are talking about is stretched tires where wheels poke out. I also hate that! I have a 9.5" rear wheel and when I bought my Z it had a 245/35-19 tires on the rear which I hated. Now I have a 275/35-19 and they look much better. The rim sticking out thing is something that is only relevant to tire size, not wheels or offset.
Offset simply determines how far the wheels and tires stick out from under the fender.
Let me explain with these pictures from personal experience.
My Enkei wheels below (first picture) have a high offset, notice in the rear wheel wells that the wheels are pushed way in? Now look at the picture of my Volks (second picture) with low offset and see that it has that "flush" look? Thats all that offset changes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well with the comfortable ride thing being taken into account, I still suggest you get 19". I have 19" summer wheels and 18" winter wheels and there is no difference between the two as far as ride is concerned.
Not gonna lie, I did not watch that video but what you are talking about is stretched tires where wheels poke out. I also hate that! I have a 9.5" rear wheel and when I bought my Z it had a 245/35-19 tires on the rear which I hated. Now I have a 275/35-19 and they look much better. The rim sticking out thing is something that is only relevant to tire size, not wheels or offset.
Offset simply determines how far the wheels and tires stick out from under the fender.
Let me explain with these pictures from personal experience.
My Enkei wheels below (first picture) have a high offset, notice in the rear wheel wells that the wheels are pushed way in? Now look at the picture of my Volks (second picture) with low offset and see that it has that "flush" look? Thats all that offset changes.

You have Volks... Lucky, I had to go through you photobucket to find them. I only see your Enkei rims. Also what happen to your car? Back right side hit?

I like this look: http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/craig12895/media/IMG_0945.jpg.html

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry I posted the same picture twice haha.
Yea that picture you just linked from mine are the Volks. Those back wheels are 9.5" wide and I believe the offset is somewhere around +30 so I put 15mm spacers on the front and back to push them out more, but be careful not to get too low of an offset because right now my tires rub my fender over bumps. I have to go get my fenders rolled.

And the side getting hit was all my fault, backing up in the middle of the night and couldn't see where I was going and there was a tree there. My fault and very embarrassing but its all taken care of. I got a v2 wing and different rear bumper out of it. Getting them on this week

1 - 14 of 14 Posts