Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i feel pretty stupid for asking this, but i just bought a 350z 6-speed. Problem is when i was test driving it , i never had to use reverse, and when i brought it home i needed to. and i couldnt find it. every time i thought i had it, it always ended being in 6th.wheres reverse!!?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Push down on the shifter then pull back by 6th

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by JTS2005@Aug 7 2005, 12:09 AM
push all the way to the right. then push down and push it a bit further to the left and down
[snapback]142670[/snapback]​

He means to the RIGHT and DOWN. :wavey:

Push shifter to the right until it stops, push it directly down (towards the ground), then over to the right and back. So it's RIGHT, DOWN, RIGHT again, and BACK. Sounds like a cheat code for Contra or something.. lol Happy reversing!

:welcome: by the way!

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718+Aug 7 2005, 01:13 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-JTS2005
@Aug 7 2005, 12:09 AM
push all the way to the right. then push down and push it a bit further to the left and down
[snapback]142670[/snapback]​

He means to the RIGHT and DOWN. :wavey:

Push shifter to the right until it stops, push it directly down (towards the ground), then over to the right and back. So it's RIGHT, DOWN, RIGHT again, and BACK. Sounds like a cheat code for Contra or something.. lol Happy reversing!

:welcome: by the way!
[snapback]142675[/snapback]​

:nana: thx its late and im exhausted

·
Registered
44 Posts
u push the stick down on neutral..soo basically u push down on the shift knob and go to 6th gear..buht ull feel it..its go a lil farther than 6th..

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Sorry my mistake I guess it's one of those things that I don't think of I just do it

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You gotta push it in.

Trust me on this, you are not alone for people with their first time driving the Z. I had the same problem myself. I think that the dealerships should tell people about this.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
you should of seen it the first time I valet my car. I had to go over and do it myself

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Happens to a lot of people. But you don't hear about Z's trying to go into reverse on the interstate, do you?

There are lots of cool little tricks this car does. Read your manual and you'll see what I mean. Things like the window roll-down feature using the unlock button and the hidden trunk pop are things that a lot of people don't realize for months after they get the car. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts