Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Doesn't the limiter work by cutting fuel?....i.e. fuel cut after 6500rpm....(would certainly explain the herky jerky...) I think I read that on the Technosquare site.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
not sure either. I believe it may be rev-limited to keep the internals safe

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, a rev limiter and a fuel cut-off are the same thing. Your stock 350Z redlines at 6600 rpm, and the fuel cut-off interjects at that point (or very shortly thereafter). Hitting it is a little abrupt, but it won't hurt anything. I have my rev limiter / fuel cut-off set at 7100 rpm, using the TechnoSquare ECU flash.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I always thought the rev-limiter was so that you could not go past a certain speed limit in 6th gear. The fuel cut off is so you don't hurt your internals in the lower gears.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here's my assumption of a rev limiter, it prevents going past a certain rpm. i know in my old prelude i had an msd ignition that would let me hit the limits and you can just hear the rpms bounce back and forth hitting the limit. prior to this the prelude had a fuel cutoff when you hit it, it almost completely shut's down for a brief moment (loss of power).

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts