Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long drive on Saturday my rev limiter came on at 2500 rpm while driving through town. This would happen in all gears and even in neutral. It went away after recycling the ignition, only to return after another 100 miles. Took it to the dealer and he said it was a "fail-safe" feature of the ECU. Turned out to be a faulty mass airflow sensor. Nissan will replace it under warranty with no question even though I have a CAI installed.
I also had them check out the front tires for the "feathering". They are getting me two new front tires with no questions or hesitation on their part. The car is a 2004 Roadster with 6300 miles on. If there are any questions about the feathering issue on '04's, this should answer those concerns.
I was pleasantly surprised with my dealers response. They did all the right things. It's really great when people do what's right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now all I need is the air sensor. The dealer had to order one. He said that they never fail therefore they are not a stock item. I just hope they aren't on backorder. Oh well, that will give them plenty of time to do an alignment and get the new tires just right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same thing used to happen to people on b15sentra.net. As i recall the MAF's are pretty expensive, i think around $500 for an 03 spec-v, so be prepared.

On a side note, does anyone know the manual way to get the ECU to flash codes on the Z? I know on my sentra it was a sequence of tapping the gas pedal with the key turned to ACC.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Frankenfatz, I have a link to it at home. If no one gets you the info by the time I'll get there, I'll post the link.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I have a sensor as well but I am letting them get me one under warranty. In fact, the sensor has already been installed. They are just waiting for the tires. Should have the car back tomorrow. Thanks for the help, in any case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts