Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
im new here and basically researching cars im interested in getting to see which would be best for me. my current car has a few problems, and being brand new i wont deal with it, i rather sell it and get something else. im currently thinkin of either the 350z, r32, the new mustang, or maybe a wrx.

well what im askin here is are there any major problems, or any problems that bothers you guys with the z? im sick and tired with bringin my car to the dealer with problems and them not helping, so im lookin for a well-made car and if any of you live in or near upper bergen county new jersey, a good dealer.

thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">You don't want problems and you're looking at a Ford?!

If you're buying new, it seems like all major problems have been sorted out.

As far as a dealership goes, I only know the ones in Morris County. I work out in Bergen County, but since my dealership is down the street from my house, I go there if I need to. If you don't mind coming out this way, I can definitely recommend someone to you.</span>

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
yea i agree i think the 05 are gonna be all sorted out, i mean every and any car you buy will have some kind of problem, its just going to happen. i think you are safe if you go with the 350z, i am biased though

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Out of all mentioned it would come down to the 350z and the WRX. Just depends on what your needs are. I would stay away from an R32 though. Just trying to find parts if something breaks is going to be ****. If you want reliability also stay away from anything that old although it is a beautiful car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, yeah i know about ford, but just thinkin of the engine in that car....

as for the r32 i was talking about the volkswagen

my choices are mainly the vw r32 and the 350z...
i have yet to sit in the 350z and will problably end up with it, as i hear a few reliability problems with the r32....

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by Co0bs@Sep 29 2004, 11:25 PM
lol, yeah i know about ford, but just thinkin of the engine in that car....

as for the r32 i was talking about the volkswagen

my choices are mainly the vw r32 and the 350z...
i have yet to sit in the 350z and will problably end up with it, as i hear a few reliability problems with the r32....

Oh my bad man. I though you were talking about the r32 Skyline

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Once you sit in a 350 you will love it. That is what happened for me. Then they let me test drive it too
Idiots

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha yeah, im not making any decision until i sit and test drive all the cars. it was shitty weather when i went, so i only started up the r32, and i really like that exhaust tone. which brings up another question, i tried to see if this 350 i saw in the street had it, so im pretty sure they do, but just to make sure do they have the same exhaust as the g35?

sorry im a

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
The exhaust tone for the 350z is the same as the G35's which is one of the sweetest exhaust notes there is. The r32's will not even come close to the Z's note.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I considered WRX, EVO, & Z33. I went with the Z because I plan on keeping the car for many years...I didn't think either of my other choices would last. WRX & EVO are easily modded to increase HP, Z33 is not so cheap to 'hop up'.

My son bought a jetta 1.8t last year....clutch went after 20K.

My friend with the rustang COBRA drove my Z33 & said: "Man I wish these woulda been out when I bought my Cobra..." He really liked the acceleration & handling.

At the dealer, I let Wifey test drive. I knew I wanted it even without driving or sitting in it!

& still lovin' it!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I rode in a R32 and was impressed. It was tight like the Z and had a nice exhaust tone to it. However, I'm biased against anything VW. Also, the owner of the R32 had installed better seats, whereas the Z already comes with nice sits that hug and hold your body. The R32 costs too much for what it has to offer, AND it has rear seats. I'm not a fan of rear seats in a coupe. Why do they do that?

Anyway, I think the Z would be your best investment. It's a great car, you don't see too many of them, they are a piece of automotive history, and you get the best Japanese drifting car out there (another biased op, hehe).

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Oct 1 2004, 12:36 PM
and you get the best Japanese drifting car out there (another biased op, hehe).

<span style="color:darkblue">Sorry Smooth, but I think that title belongs to the Silvias.
</span>

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN+Oct 1 2004, 11:40 AM-->QUOTE (DiRN @ Oct 1 2004, 11:40 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Oct 1 2004, 12:36 PM
and you get the best Japanese drifting car out there (another biased op, hehe).

<span style="color:darkblue">Sorry Smooth, but I think that title belongs to the Silvias.
</span>

Bah, they're so old school...
J/K. I'm going with the most recent rumors, so don't take me too seriously.

"The S13 based Silvia, 180sx (200sx in the UK), and Sil-Eighty form the main contenders from Nissan. The FR layout and the turbo charged CA18 and SR20DET engines found in S13 based cars made more engine power easily available to lose traction. The later S14 200sx did not catch on with drifter so much with the newer Nissan drifters going for the more recent S15 . The S15 in Spec R guise gets a modified version of the SR20DET with 250bhp through a 6 speed gearbox and LSD."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts