Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,

Need help from Ausies :)

If someone may be kind enough to take a few clear shots of the fender where the sidemarker is located. And possibly take a shot of the fender where the sidemarker is removed.

I want to put in some JDM sidemarkers but not sure exactly where it goes and the shape to cut.

Also, are there any Nissan dealers that ship OEM parts to the US ?

Thanks so much for your help!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I believe you can get the OEM and the JDM ones from places like courtesy nissan and the like.

Ours are exactly the shape as yours!

As always

H

·
Registered
352 Posts
Oh, is that what was meant. If that what was meant, why would you want them?

Have you seen the ones someone on the "other" site made, they were like the BMW ones.

I thought the sidemarkers were the things in the front bumper?

As always

H

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello everyone

yes thanks for the reply. actually i'm more interested to make my Z look more factory original.

we do not have sidemarkers.

I was wondering if anyone may be kind enough to take a few pictures of their sidemarkers and possibly a picture with the sidemarkers removed so I would know what shape to cut.

Thanks for helping me out!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by harryw@Oct 29 2004, 08:59 PM
I thought the sidemarkers were the things in the front bumper?

<span style="color:darkblue">Yeah, those are sidemarkers, but so are the ones under the Z emblems.

Prof, why not just order them? link</span>

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
That Z indicator look cool - much better than our rectangular indicator under the Z emblem.

Professor Kan - sorry I cannot give you a pic as I don't have a digital camera.
Let me know if you want me to mearsure the size of the indicator (in cm).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the reply everyone.

i need a picture similar to this
but with the sidemarker.

Order these lights are easy, the hard but is installing them and cutting the exact size to cut for popping these sidemarkers in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by KY350@Oct 31 2004, 04:15 AM
That Z indicator look cool - much better than our rectangular indicator under the Z emblem.

Professor Kan - sorry I cannot give you a pic as I don't have a digital camera.
Let me know if you want me to mearsure the size of the indicator (in cm).

KY350,

that would be great. Would you also mind if you can pop your sidemarkers out and give me a measurement of the hole size and a rough sketch or drawing?

how far is it from the bottom of the Z emblem to the top edge of the sidemarker?

I believe these side markers are the pop-out kind where one side is a slide and the other is just a clip. That is why the size and dimension of the hole is that important.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
PK - the top of the sidemarker is located exactly 12mm below the bottom of the Z emblem.

The sidemarker measures 3.0cm high and 6.4cm wide and the long ends are rounded (I know, you need a pic).

I tried using a screwdriver to flick the sidemarker off, but I couldn't get it off to measure the location of the hole. Perhaps someone who has taken the sidemarker out can offer some advice?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for measuring Ky.

i believe the sidemarker has a teeth side and the other side is a spring or clip style.

now all we need is a picture :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts