Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
just to keep everbody posted i fianally got all the parts i was waiting for but my day off from work this week didnt match with my installer so will try to set it up for next week!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
any news on the project? new pics?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
can't wait for the pic's. others have done this but never put up pics at all. you should be the first ( first one who succesfully got the stock location) one to show install pics.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
It's Monday!!!

LOL!

any pics yet??

thanx

Iv'e been waiting to see pics of this for so very long.

there was a thread i found but unfortunatly it's dead and all the pics are missing because they were hosted by photobucket and not the forum + the thread is dead!

seriously can't wait for pics though!

·
Registered
75 Posts
yeah i know im starting to think im getting jerked around a little by my install guy was supposed to do it yesterday (monday) and when i called him he told me it would have to wait for today (tuesday) and the i got a messsage this morning that he couldnt do it today either. the sub is installed in the car and fully working so ill take pics of it today and post as soon as the batteries in my camera charge, but it is just not finished 100% and i wanted to wait till i could post everything at once. oh well sorry to keep everyone waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
okay here all the pics i have thus far, still waiting for the job to be 100% fifnshed but ill post those pics later!

note: this install was done to be as stealth as possible hence the amp under the seat, using stock sub location, and the ipod connection...you cant tell anything is different from stock outside the car except the hu.

instalation note: notice the ring of dynomat around the sub mounting ring this is extremely important, you can usr two layers for extra padding if you wish

: used the stock amp mounting screw holes to run the speaker wire to the sub

: the whole areea behind the stock sub has dynmoat and false walls made from dynomat to create a seeled enclosure

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks good. But, how does it sound? Providing you've been able to listen to it that is. I am curious as to how the cover will look. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Alright!!!!!!

Are you still working on a solution for the grill cover?

What exactly are you wanting to get installed?? i see you're amp, HU, sub?

Just curious.

The installer is jerking you around because the cars that come in are bigger money items than you're project. That's why he is putting you off. actually he is being a jerk cause it seems all about the money to him, and how many days have you taken off so far?? Just really not fair. I bet if you gave him an ear full that ******* would tell you to F off.

Maybe find another installer???!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
the only other thing i am completely sure about doing is song focals up front but im trying to get some more info and feedback on jl 6 inch bass drivers for the rear only problem is when i watch a movie i loose the sound in the rear

im going to give the guy one more shot at this and if cancells on me again ill probably start to look somewhere else

the installer said he has a grill cover set up that works he has done before thats why i want this guy to finish the job he has experience

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
QUOTE (atkins @ May 2 2007, 11:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=388910
the only other thing i am completely sure about doing is song focals up front but im trying to get some more info and feedback on jl 6 inch bass drivers for the rear only problem is when i watch a movie i loose the sound in the rear

im going to give the guy one more shot at this and if cancells on me again ill probably start to look somewhere else

the installer said he has a grill cover set up that works he has done before thats why i want this guy to finish the job he has experience
Did you ever finish this install?

Thanks!

how did it turn out.....was it worth it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you send me your email address I can send you pics of my sub replacement

Or can someone explain how to post pics from your computer here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
okay here all the pics i have thus far, still waiting for the job to be 100% fifnshed but ill post those pics later!

note: this install was done to be as stealth as possible hence the amp under the seat, using stock sub location, and the ipod connection...you cant tell anything is different from stock outside the car except the hu.

instalation note: notice the ring of dynomat around the sub mounting ring this is extremely important, you can usr two layers for extra padding if you wish

: used the stock amp mounting screw holes to run the speaker wire to the sub

: the whole areea behind the stock sub has dynmoat and false walls made from dynomat to create a seeled enclosure
What sub is that?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts