Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Got a small dent in the ole chrome silver hood, right of center, near the bumper edge, where the nismo logo usually goes. The paint is chipped own to the aluminum. I have a fairly low deductible, so it shouldn't be too much to have fixed.

I was wondering if this would be a good time to go aftermarket, and I was wondering what hoods were available? I'm more into the stock look, but I don't mind a little style. I'd probably paint it, but CF is also an option. Ideas?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
You're in luck. I believe someone on this site is selling their hood. It's Bartzen1, and he's located in New Mexico. Look in the classifieds section, and you'll see it!

Better yet, here it is: http://350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2062

Oh, and welcome to the board!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Welcome welcome to the board. FINALLY another Western PA member!

There are a number of nice CF hoods out there for the 350z!

Check out this page at hopupracing.com <----click here for page.

There are like 4 difft ones listed on that page alone. ZXRage and DaKing350Z both have CF hoods, you can see pics of them in the garage (see toolbar up at the top of your page)...

I am just sooooooooooooooooooo excited to have someone else from my parts here. We should hook up and meet.............I am going to BeaveRun Sat for open lapping day.

Hey, hubby is staying overnight in Clarion tomorrow, we should meet after work, I work in Blownox on Freeport Road...

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
OH Ps, if the dent is small and you want it repaired I have a hook up at Phillips Body shop on Freeport Road, just across the street from here. One of the kids who works there has a 300ZX and is really really cool to Z ppl. He'd hook ya up. You might actually be a PDR canidate (paintless dent removal). PM me or shoot me email whenever you want, I can give you the # to Phillips....

w00t w00t!!!!! A local! YIPPEE!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I think so, and I like it even if I didn't have the s/c. I also like the cf hood ZXrage has on the Z.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's good to meet you all. I'm not new exactly, just haven't posted. Been reading for awhile now. I'm definitely local to you jinxxy
I'm contemplating selling my Z as it's really getting me angry with all the little things going wrong with it. *sigh* but they will be fixed.

Thanks for the offer jinxxy, but it's got paint damage :( I'm not big on S/C hoods without a S/C underneath. I'm also broke :( So NO I'm not getting a S/C to justify the hood

To repair my hood, it will be $250, is there a different option for slightly more money? I don't know...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
For a good CF hood, you're looking at a lot more than $250. You're probably best off getting it fixed

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Sep 15 2004, 01:22 PM
I think so, and I like it even if I didn't have the s/c.  I also like the cf hood ZXrage has on the Z.

Thanks for the compliment. The hood was purchased on Ebay when it first came out for $750 shipped. Since then I have learned that you can buy it direct from the manufacturer, VIS Racing at www.visracing.com I believe. The price is somewhere around $550 plus shipping?

Anyway, my hood didn't fit exactly and I had to make some minor adjustments. Anyway, good luck with your hood, hopefully you can find a reasonable solution for under $200.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really like that hood. I wonder what it would look like painted. I'd love to convert it to functioning ram air. As for my solution, I was thinking of a $400 target price!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Maybe you could find one on ebay slightly used. I bet that hood would look awesome too, but you have to see it in person to appreciate it, the CF is spectacular, esp w/ the brickyard color. LBSHOK has a CF hood too. I don't know what kind or how much. Just google cf hood 350z and you might come up w/ a reasonable solution if you want a new hood!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Brubach Construction, right between the allgy valley bank and allgy smokeworks ...217 Freeport Road. Across from Tower Auto and Overbecks nursery in Blownox.....here M-F from 8 to 5!!!!! Where do you work? Don't tell me RIDC park and you've been under my nose the whole time........

1 - 20 of 29 Posts