Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...while home visiting parents they decided to scrape up my front bumper while carrying something past it on a dolley (serves me right for stealing their garage I guess)...but anyway its about 3 inches long and down to plastic...the plastic is also scuffed up a bit...its about the thickness of a pencil eraser...any suggestions on what my best repair options would be are greatly apreciated? From the looks of things I will probably be taking it by a body shop for an estimate...are then any techniques or things I should look for?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Try to wax the he!! out of it! If that isn't going to work well enough, take it to a body shop. Good luck either way.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Yeah I'm with redefined. You may have already tried it, but I've gotten some pretty bad scrapes out with just a quick detailing session.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Originally posted by cedusett@Nov 1 2004, 09:11 AM
Yeah I'm with redefined.  You may have already tried it, but I've gotten some pretty bad scrapes out with just a quick detailing session.

Me too. You can get it out if it's not down to the plastic or too deep. Either way, sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'm going to call a few bodyshops this week...anyone know of anything good in MD,DC,PA,VA area?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea thats a little off...I'm going to try wagon works in Arlington, Va...ppl from my bmw forum are saying they are the best in the area

I may just get a new bumper; what do you guys think? (CS) Nismo, Amuse, etc? Something clean and agressive...I do love the stock front though...hmmm...To bad I'm too much of a purist to dump my money into aesthetics (need to save up for some FI) or I would go for the Top Secret widebody...maybe someday.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll post some after I finish up some work...its right in the middle of the bumper cover (passeger side where the fender flares out a bit), so that eliminates add-ons...so its either repair or replace, going to be taking apart most of my car for a ton of installs shortly...might as well add removing the bumper to that list

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and as far as new bumpers go...is it possible to get the Nismo front with a factory paint job? I remember reading a post where someone said the ordered the kit and had to send their VIN # to get the correct paint batch? If thats an option thats probably what I will do...Also what does ever1 think of the Impul 500Z kit? And more importantly does any1 has more pics of it?

heres a link from intense motorsports
http://www.i-m-racing.com/im50bokit35.html

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
That's not normally an option. The post you read was by Chazzg. He has some friends in very high places in Nissan/Nismo that were able to get that done for him

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Time to brush up on my Japanese...unless there is some way I can get hooked up... :biggrin:

·
Registered
53 Posts
also you may want to consider (do it yourself) the new paint marker/pencil that autopart store sell now. its for narrow scratches and they match your paint (nissan colors). its fairly cheap too compared to what a bodyshop may charge you. my 350z has a scratch on it too, but they haven't found the silverstone color yet.

good luck :thumbsup:
tony

1 - 14 of 14 Posts