Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be going to the track soon for the second time but this time i want to save some weight by removing the passenger seat. I unbolted the 4 bolts and then i want sure what i was about to unplug under the seat. Does anyone know what that wire is used for and what is holding the wires to the seat. is it tie straps?can you just cut the tie straps then reinstall when you put the seat back in? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
great question!! toykilla will be here to answer your question as he has removed his seats numerous times to install amps under his seats. Please be patient he will be here soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! Finally an answer to my question. I have asked this many times in other forums and never an answer.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Originally posted by Loco350Z@Jun 15 2004, 12:04 PM
Thank you! Finally an answer to my question. I have asked this many times in other forums and never an answer.

...another example of why you should never never go to other sites!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do little things like taking out the seat and removing the spare tire really help in your quarter mile?

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
I am not sure how much the seats weigh.. probly 15-25lbs each.. so that would be a good start.. I dont drag race, but i do know weight is detrimental to sports cars.. every little bit counts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Jun 17 2004, 07:45 AM
I am not sure how much the seats weigh.. probly 15-25lbs each.. so that would be a good start.. I dont drag race, but i do know weight is detrimental to sports cars.. every little bit counts
[snapback]8401[/snapback]​

I think they weigh like 50-75 each.

sean

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Originally posted by socalsean+Sep 19 2005, 01:06 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TOYKILLA
@Jun 17 2004, 07:45 AM

sean
[snapback]156438[/snapback]​

I have pulled my seats out many times, and there is no way the seats weight 50lbs each.

At most they weight 20lbs each.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by TOYKILLA+Sep 19 2005, 12:47 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2005, 01:06 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-TOYKILLA
@Jun 17 2004, 07:45 AM

sean
[snapback]156438[/snapback]​

I have pulled my seats out many times, and there is no way the seats weight 50lbs each.

At most they weight 20lbs each.
[snapback]156459[/snapback]​

with all the power motors? that's it? I thought it would have been much heavier.

sean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts