Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to remove my front and rear emblems, paint them, and put them back on. Anyone know a good way to go about doing this? How to remove em? Any recommended process in painting them?

Any help is appreciated.. I'll post pics when it's done, as I havnt seen anyone else here paint their emblems yet.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
how to here

Use a hairdryer to heat up the adhesive, use dental floss or fishing line to remove. I am not sure how you will reattach them since the adhesive would be ruined in the process. I think you can buy the Red 3M tape (for bodykits etc) that is double sided at pep boys or something. You can def. get it off the web tho.

Good luck, what color are you painting them? I am sure that they have some kind of finish on them that you should remove before painting them tho....

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Study and Terri,

I'm thinking about painting them a shade of black, but not to match my car. More like a metal flake gunmetal color, so you can still see them but the look is more subtle.

As far as reattaching them, maybe I can buy the pre-cut adhesive from Nissan? Either that, or I'd rather avoid dealerships parts counters and save the aggrivation by just cutting it out myself.

Anyone know where I can get like a 4"X4" square of 3M doublesided? Thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi, The rear hamburger has two holes if you have a coupe. The roadster is just a glue-on.....just a little fact.....Good luck, Dave Hi T...:)

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
[/quote]

I have no idea what you are talking about?
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/jinxxycat/smilies/whistling.gif');}" />

:lmfao: Hahahah link to how to is fixed! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
is that a CF equestrian hat?? After all habits are formed at early ages!

I have some double sided 3m tape if u need some for the reattach, pm if u need.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE: Emblems are coming off today. Paint selection is going to be tough tho.. Can anyone suggest a production car color that will give me the gunmetal-metal flake look I want?

I'm thinking about using the paint code from a 2003 VW GTi Anniversary Ed.. But it may be a bit too dark for the look I'm goin for.. we'll see!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts