Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the plastic rivets on the top of the front bumper? I know the center pops up. How do remove the rivet?

·
Registered
785 Posts
[/quote]
NOOO!!! bad bad bad bad

If you pop the center up just pull it up about 1/4 to 1/2 the way out and then get something under the big portion of the rivet not touching the center. If you pull the center of the rivet all the way up as high as you can and then try to pull it out its almost impossible and you will break something. DO NOT USE A PLYERS

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I just removed my bumper last weekend. What I did was pop up the center part with a small screwdriver and then simply pulled the whole thing out with my fingers twisting it from side to side and it slid out. They came out rather easily. Once you pop the center piece it allows the rivet to compress as you pull it out of the hole.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]

+1...that's how I do it. You can purchase a bag of five (5) from the dealership for cheap in case you break some....and eventually you will.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
[/quote]

+1...that's how I do it. You can purchase a bag of five (5) from the dealership for cheap in case you break some....and eventually you will.
<div align="right">[snapback]83676[/snapback]
[/quote]
+2... only I placed a piece of electrical tape next to each rivet first

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks gus, I was reluctant to use too much force without knowing if there was some special trick

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]
+1. I learned that you have to treat it like a sensitive woman, take it easy, nice and slowly... :rolf2: Work it out, then pinch it the rest of the way.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
I just got back from the dealership a little while ago....the rivets come in two sizes...small & large. Two bags of ten cost about $10.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts