1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
moving onto my 'replacing rear badge with a little one' project

i bought the x-trail Nissan badge today

i successfully removed the rear badge......took me an hour

but as expected, the paint quality underneath the badge isnt too good. The adhesive from the badge had bonded to the clear coat (blame our harsh Aussie sun) and there is a small area where the clear coat has a minor imperfection. Its hardly noticeable to anyone but myself, but still i know its there

now the decision, do i go ahead and fit the small badge or put the bigger vw bug hamburger back on

what do u guys think......note the badge has been dry fit, that little clear plastic is the backing tape

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Sam - it's hard to tell from your photos because of the reflection, but is the juniorburger centred? That is, if your going to stick it on, make sure that the burger is centred mid way between the bottom of the spoiler and the lip of the hatch.

If I was ever going to take the Nissan badge of the front and rear, I would also take off the 350Z badge.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
I'm not feeling the junior burger with the 350Z badge...proportions seem off to me.

If there was a paint imperfection showing I would replace the OE burger. I am seriously considering removing the 350Z badge and leaving the OE burger.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think ur right Sheps, if i go juniorburger :clap: ill have to ditch the 350z

re centering, thats exactly where it has to sit, as the holes behind the oe badge arent centered either

im also leaning towards removing the 350z and fitting the satin z badge, only the raised z seems so tacky to me

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
i think ur right Sheps, if i go juniorburger :clap: ill have to ditch the 350z

re centering, thats exactly where it has to sit, as the holes behind the oe badge arent centered either

im also leaning towards removing the 350z and fitting the satin z badge, only the raised z seems so tacky to me
I wish Nissan hadn't drilled out two holes for the rear burger...would have made things simpler. Whatever you decide to do I'm confident it will be appropriate...all your other mods are first rate. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol thanks dude :cheers: ........though im nowhere near your mod level yet

but theres no need to fuss over the junior burger any longer, courtesyparts has been listening to my prayers at night and released these for front and rear

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/mer...de=62890-CD000B

ooooooh baby, ive always wanted the black chrome but never liked the version they had with the raised Z and 3 dots. Just ordered a set for front and rear, and will be post pics in a couple weeks when they arrive

does anyone know how to remove the front emblem? i dont think the fishing wire trick will work

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I want to put shadow chrome badges on my car too, but only if I can get a "Fairlady Z" logo in shadow chrome.

Otherwise it'll look a bit weird with shadow chrome burgers and a regular chrome "FairladyZ"

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just got an email from courtesynissan, they want to charge me USD $42 to send two badges......in a small jiffy bag

what a f$#king rip :F-you:

anyone know somewhere else i can get these badges?

scathing, if you want some badges too, we could split the shipping

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
$42? They can go giffukt.

I was going to buy some stuff too (mostly badges, but I dunno). But, if that's what its going to cost.....

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$42? They can go giffukt.
I was going to buy some stuff too (mostly badges, but I dunno). But, if that's what its going to cost.....
ill split it with ya dude, 20 bucks shipping is do-able for me

and i can overnight them to you through work

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Let me visit Courtesy Parts tonight and PM you tomorrow with what I want.

If you want, I can call the guys and see if I can renegotiate shipping. I work night shift so I'm awake during American hours.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah go for it dude

see what u can do

though they werent too accomodating, and i spent a good US $500 with them 4 months ago :punch:

ive also pm'd Jason from PerformanceNissan to see if he can source them. Im expecting the 06 tail lights to be shipped soon, so he could easily pop a few in the box, and we wont have to pay anymore shipping

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
If we can go through Perf. Nissan I'd prefer to do that.

I've been quite happy with Jason's service.

I want the chrome "Z" badge.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I like what they are doing, I wish we had dealerships like that. The service is generally good at Perf Nissan but its could use improvement. They didnt write down the price of my brakes on the receipt for shipping purposes when they said they would. When questioned they said they dont write down the price and its the responsibility of the purchasers etc. Cost me $1k in duties.

And they only ship via UPS or USPS which is one of the most expensive shipping companies, lost a bit more money there too. They did try USPS and someone else but the package was too heavy, I asked them to try FedEx but they wouldnt.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
i just got an email from courtesynissan, they want to charge me USD $42 to send two badges......in a small jiffy bag

what a f$#king rip :F-you:

anyone know somewhere else i can get these badges?

scathing, if you want some badges too, we could split the shipping
You like the Fairlady Z logo?

Have we already discussed this or was that on a US forum?

Do you know how they came up with the name Fairlady Z?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts