Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

As promised, lets try and arrange a regular Sydney meet. I'd like suggestions on what we can do, when to do it, and where we can go.

Given that I'm on a rotating shift, the weekends are best for me. Preferably a Sunday. While I'm almost always up for a drive, the police have been heavily cracking down on sports cars of late so it might be best not to get caught out in Stanwell Tops or Mt White with a convoy of 350Z's.

If we do a social gathering, its going to have to be somewhere that serves food and drink, and has plenty of parking. I can't think of too many places that meet that description. Especially not on weekends. While the location being central to everyone would be great, having any decent place to meet would be a good start.

So, post some ideas people.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea. The market down here is pretty small. We don't exactly have any big aeroplane manufacturers.

Mechanical engineer, depending on what you do, might be a bit easier. There's always a place in this country for a guy who can build machines.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Plenty of jobs for mechanical engineers in WA. That state is booming because of the resourses demand so there are lots of jobs with mining companies.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys, still looking for suggestions.

I think that perhaps once a month or every 2 months we can go for a drive somewhere, and on the months in between we can meet up for some bench racing.

I'm not on night shift for the next 2 months, so my tentative suggestion right now is every Thursday night (or every second Thursday).

The most central place I can think of is the Homebush Bay Brewery in the Olympic site. There's quite a bit of parking and the place does food, coffee, and booze.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK. Thread created, which I will pin if it becomes a regular occurance.

If people want to see the venue, and / or meet some of the guys from the Nissan Sports Car Club, they have their weekly coffee there on Wednesday nights (that means tonight).

·
Registered
79 Posts
sounds good guys. I'll be up for something. im from the shire so anywhere mainstream sydney is good. we currently have a ozhonda meetup every fornight/ starts out at homebush and we do a cruise/food kind thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts