Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Just picked up an '06 Enthusiast AT with about 70K miles. What maintenance and performance upgrades would you recommend to start? I want to go deeper than oil changes and spark plugs.

Some items I have on my mind:
1. Do you recommend a transmission oil cooler? Which one?
2. AT is sluggish - considering TransGo kit
3. Should I flush differential fluid?
4. Will install torque converter if IC/SC added but this would come last.
5. Do I need to worry about other drivetrain upgrades if IC/SC added?

·
Super Moderator
1,541 Posts
Welcome- since all my Zs are six-speed manuals, I cannot comment much on your tranny questions. But the auto tranny Z33s do overheat during track days, so if you're running it on the track, a oil cooler is recommended. Use a good quality synthetic 75-140W diff fluid in your VLSD, for a drain and fill change. No need to flush it. The other important maintenance item to consider is flushing/bleeding your brake system with a good quality high performance DOT 4 brake fluid like ATE Gold. Inspect those pads and rotors at the same time.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Since the OP did not give any info on his overall "driving habits"(daily driver,track use etc),
its hard to give specifics of the A/T questions.
My Z is A/T. Have only bolt on engine mods(the max). I do not track the car.
Saying that,I have never experienced any tranny overheating. My car has been tuned and has a Transgo
valve mod. Tuning can adjust the A/T to give more mid-range power. The Transgo does crisp the shifts.

Sounds like you need a long term plan for the car. I would not install parts piece meal.

What do you want it to be? Of course,budget is a critical factor.

Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Since the OP did not give any info on his overall "driving habits"(daily driver,track use etc),
its hard to give specifics of the A/T questions.
My Z is A/T. Have only bolt on engine mods(the max). I do not track the car.
Saying that,I have never experienced any tranny overheating. My car has been tuned and has a Transgo
valve mod. Tuning can adjust the A/T to give more mid-range power. The Transgo does crisp the shifts.

Sounds like you need a long term plan for the car. I would not install parts piece meal.

What do you want it to be? Of course,budget is a critical factor.

Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok so obviously I'm the newcomer here and just learning to post. I realize this is an old thread ... anyone still here and willing to answer a few questions? Thanks in advance.

Brian

·
Super Moderator
1,541 Posts
Sure- what questions do you have? Also, unless all your questions are for the auto tranny, consider starting a new thread and be sure to post what year and model Z you have, together with some background on your questions (ie, for a problem, have you scanned the car for codes, what products/mods do you have, etc?)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sure- what questions do you have? Also, unless all your questions are for the auto tranny, consider starting a new thread and be sure to post what year and model Z you have, together with some background on your questions (ie, for a problem, have you scanned the car for codes, what products/mods do you have, etc?)
Ok will do and thanks for the reply. Please look for "Newbie 'O3 Touring mods?"

Thanks again. I like the vibe here ... other sites have some crazy, nasty people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts