Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another great Nissan innovation. Why the $%^&* do they have to turn the AC on when I hit the recirculate button. Is there anyway to turn it off? When I drive behind stinky cars, I prefer to just close my vents until I pass them. I dont want to have to turn the AC on and off just for stupid little things like that. Anyway to turn that off?

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I haven't turned my air on in a while, but I think the only times you can't turn the A/C off are when you have climate control on and when you have the defroster on

·
Registered
655 Posts
Believe it or not, when the AC light is on the AC may or may not actually be on. But typically it is. It's the whole "climate control" thing that puts the AC on only when needed.

Yeah, it's lame.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know some cars turn off the compressor when it is at WOT, but i dont want to take that risk at the track and gas is too expensive to be messing around the AC for a skunk

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Are there a lot of those "stinky cars" on the track? :wink:

illz, I think he just doesn't want to have to turn it back off</span>

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there are tons of stinky cars on the track. I do not like to ride behind a car that is cat-less. I also hate driving through the ghetto behind these stinky old cars that run like crap.

I just dont like the idea of cracking the AC on and off. It's a nissan, it will break if i keep doing that duh

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i read the shop manual, it says the AC will turn off when you are at WOT, high RPM or super low RPM. It still doesnt help as I hate to turn on the AC when I approach a skunk during normal driving

1 - 9 of 9 Posts