Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my Z with 20k in the clock. I know i'm personally unaware of any call backs for the Z. For example the was this thing going round in the US...tire feathering....still dont know what that is btw.

Anyway if there is anything you guys know that might be worth sharing, please do.

Or even if it is just a little teething problem, noise, rattle whatever please share to see if anyone else has a remedy or can empathize etc

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Potential Number of Units Affected: 572,000 Read Full
Recall Notice

Defect:
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE CIRCUIT BOARD FOR THE CRANK POSITION SENSOR MAY HAVE AN IMPROPER SOLDER JOINT DUE TO SOLDER DEFORMATION CAUSED BY HEAT STRESS ACCELERATED BY THE EXISTENCE OF FLUX RESIDUE DURING THE SOLDERING PROCESS.
Consequence:
THIS COULD CAUSE THE "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" WARNING LIGHT TO COME ON, CREATE A NO START CONDITION, CAUSE REDUCED ENGINE POWER, OR CAUSE THE ENGINE TO STOP RUNNING WITHOUT WARNING DURING VEHICLE OPERATION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH

Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE CRANK POSITION SENSORS. VEHICLES INVOLVED IN A PREVIOUS RECALL CAMPAIGN, 01V357, ARE ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS NEW CAMPAIGN. THE REPLACEMENT SENSORS USED IN THAT CAMPAIGN ARE ALSO AFFECTED. OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING DECEMBER 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261 OR INFINITI AT 1-800-662-6200.

·
Registered
125 Posts
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Bull...ges/04065-1.gif

Check this link out i've got this problem. It makes a little clicking noise when i take off
ive had this problem before. with the link you provided, print out the tsb and take it back to nissan. tell them about the clicking problem and they will fix it. thats what i did, provided that your car is still under warranty. its definately an axle problem. they will either need to replace the affected part or lubricate it to eliminate the noise.

cheers
owen

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone drivers seat occassionaly make a little creeking noise when turning?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive had this problem before. with the link you provided, print out the tsb and take it back to nissan. tell them about the clicking problem and they will fix it. thats what i did, provided that your car is still under warranty. its definately an axle problem. they will either need to replace the affected part or lubricate it to eliminate the noise.

cheers
owen
What do you mean lubricate? The document mentions nothing about lubricate it simply says replace. I hope the nissan hacks are not going hit me with a simple lube.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What do you mean lubricate? The document mentions nothing about lubricate it simply says replace. I hope the nissan hacks are not going hit me with a simple lube.
well in most circumstances they will replace the part and lubricate it. my bad. i just looked at my service document from the time they had it fixed. they did certainly replace the part and lubricated it to prevent any future and further wear. so anyway, take it down and check it out. remember to print the tsb.

cheers
owen

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
WRT drivers seat squeaking, yes mine does that. My purchasing Nissan dealer "fixed" the problem, but its back again.
They will fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had a noisy fuel line, that was clearly audible from inside the car when stationary. Nissan fixed it under warranty. Apparently is a very common problem, anyone else had this?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
you meant the fuel pump noise? I replaced my fuel pump twice... and it gets noisy again.. and sometimes, it is silent though... weird...

richie

·
Registered
177 Posts
you meant the fuel pump noise? I replaced my fuel pump twice... and it gets noisy again.. and sometimes, it is silent though... weird...

richie
Yeah that sounds like it, i had mine changed about 4 months ago, all seems to be OK now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Does anyone drivers seat occassionaly make a little creeking noise when turning?
Hi,

I also experience that squeeky type noise when taking off. My car has ~31,000kms. I also have that squeeky noise in the seat during corners.

I will definately raise these concerns with the Nissan dealership when I take the car in for the 10,000 km interval service. But on the flipside, I am very very hesitant of taking my car to the dealership after reading the horror stories of bad workmanship.

Regards,
Z33Fairlady

·
Registered
258 Posts
On my zed, the left speaker went very quiet and crackly when the CD player was on. It was fine when the radio was on. I got the CD unit replaced under warranty by Nissan.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Guy my drivers side window is starting to play up. Sometimes it will not work at then it will work out of nowhere?

Your thoughts?

Im not due for a service for another 8k and i cant be bothered going to nissan for this if its a simple fix

PS in still under waranty

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I had this problem with the drivers power window.

Nissan fixed it under warranty, so you should not have any problems. Don't wait until the service is due - go git it fixed now as the dealer may need to order parts from Japan and this all takes time. Also, you don't want the window dying on you while the window is down.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i was getting a clicking noise when reversing downhill, but it seems to have gone now

i also had a clicking noise on my clutch pedal, but that seems to have gone now too

though my next service ill bring it up

and ive grown tired of fixing interior rattles, everytime i pump my system it pushes apart more and more plastic panels

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I had a noisy fuel line, that was clearly audible from inside the car when stationary. Nissan fixed it under warranty. Apparently is a very common problem, anyone else had this?
yeah i get this too sometimes

it sounds like a wooshing noise that is intermittent on/off

i can hear it sometimes with the radio off, sounds like its coming from just behind the seat

what did the fix involve?

im very reluctant to have any Nissan dealer pull apart things on the car

1 - 20 of 20 Posts