Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
2005 Nissan 350Z Accident Update

Hello
I am back after several months of trying to find someone to inspect the rear suspension of my 2005 Nissan 350Z after July accident where car unexpectedly skidded right, then left then spun 360 degrees before stopping.

I found a mechanic to inspect the new rear suspension (installed 2 days before accident) and he found nothing in the cross member and parts other than a couple of loose bolts. However he stated he could not verify if the toe out was incorrectly set without putting the car on a lift and using laser equipment to determine. But he said that toe out that was not within normal specs could have caused the accident.

I have surrendered the car to insurance and plan to meet with the dealership later this week. Since I cannot prove the install was faulty and the dealership cannot prove it was not I am trying to find other accidents similar to mine to help support my discussion with the dealership.

Does anyone out there know of any other accidents that are similar to mine?
Or any other blogs to go to or sites to check. I did find one reported incident on the site for the statistics for the US Department of Transportation but that is the only one.

Thanks to anyone that can help

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would say that you should examine your wheel positioning, the back camber might be a little non adjusted and it might be adjusted, you may contact an alignment center. It just seems to me like your wheels are not that extensive and their positioning is not right.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts