Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have got a 03 350, and i bought 20" giovoni double g's brand new model for my z, and now my rear suspension is angling inward more and more. i have gotten an alignment done like 3 weeks ago and now its back again. what can i do? should i upgrade the spsension? any mods i can do to help? here is a pic

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well we noticed that both sides were sagging. but it seems this time its more the right side. i can take some pics tommorow and show ya. i have to wash it anyways. we were thinking the wheels were to heavy but not sure. please im sure someone knows how to fix this! should i buy aftermarket suspension? camber kit? wheel spacers?

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I really doubt it's b/c the wheels are too heavy.

Are you sure it's not just how it's sitting on that angled drive way?

What did the alignment shop say? Was it out of spec on the camber? If so, then get a camber kit for the rear.

It's hard to tell in that pic what is going on.

What are the specs on the wheels? width, offset

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
From the way it looks sitting in the driveway I would say that your rear camber is off. The first thing I would do is have the alignment checked. Can you take some closer pictures of the rear tires at 3 different angles and post them up, many one from the other side as well to compare.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this pics is outdated and there is no problems in this pic, i will take some up to date shots today when i get done washing her. the car was basically brand new in that shot. just wanted to give you an idea on what the rims look like. give me till around noon and theyll be up.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Well, after looking at those pics. I would say that you should check your alignment, the rear camber might be a little off. It just seems to me like your rims are not that wide. They look like 20"x8.0". Can you post up the rim sizes and offsets? You might just need to get spacers to push the rims out to the edge of the fender.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
never been lowered. stock as far as i know. i think a camber kit will do it. how much are they? the guy who did the alignment last said its as far as it can be adjusted. so now i cant even align it again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to blogging. Hope I can get some help.
New rear suspension installed on 2005 350Z due to running over curb and bending original one. After install steering was tighter than usual. The car 2 days later on highway car rear end fishtails towards outside concrete barrier after making lane change from middle to outside. ABS and VDC and steering not responding to allow driver correction and car spun in circular direction across 2 other lanes of traffic.
No other cars or persons injured except driver. 8 years been driving this car and nothing like this ever happened before even on ice or wet roads. Total loss of control of any correction system. What could have failed in the new rear suspension to cause this situation? Not speeding (traffic all traveling same speed about 65 mph), clear and sufficient space in outside lane. lane change was gradual and not jerked over. was in outside lane about 60-90 seconds before rear end started moving.
Anyone had this experience or could provide any clues as to what to look for in car (which was deemed totaled by insurance) to determine if rear suspension did fail?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Maybe your ABS was damaged initially and the ECU kicked in?

Who did the installation?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.