Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be having some painting done, and I want to paint the center piece of the rear strut bar. Problem is I don't have a clue how to take it all apart, and not break anything. Anyone have any insight, and better yet some pictures?

Chris

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/quote]
Awesome... I'll then do a real How-To, since I have to take it all apart anyway.

Thanks Josh!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I know i have mad photoshop skills, but generally you start at the back and move your way forward..

[attachmentid=7227]

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/quote]
Josh... thanks for the pics. That's pretty much how to do it. And nothing to really unscrew or pop out. Just GENTLY pull

Thanks.

Now for the next part of the project. I want to paint the center portion of the strut bar PPW, but I would like to leave the "chrome" Z. It appears to be glued, but I am not sure. I would like to have it removed in order to have it painted. Anyone got any ideas?

Chris

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
the z emblem has 2-3 pins that are melted from the backside of the aluminum looking strut bar cover.. on the backside you can drill or cut the melted pins out and just used 2 sided tape or glue to reattach when you put the z emblem back on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts