Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought the '06 rear strut bar cover? They say it's darker in color. My asumption is that this will cut down on the reflection of it on the back glass (when looking out the rear-view mirror).

Has anyone taken the original out? My guess is that it can be painted. Is there some reason I should not do this? If I painted it, I'd most likely do a satin or flat black, but leave the "Z" on it the stock silver color. Thanks in advance.

~Eric

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
you can paint it. I took mine out to paint, but broke it before i painted it.. About to order the 2006 version.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I painted mine, flat black would have been the wise choice to reduce glare but I painted it PPW to match the car. With the 5% tint and the white bar... "What is behind me, is nota my concern!"
No really, I put a black blanket over it most of the time for glare and to keep people from seeing stuff in my trunk.

Chris

·
Registered
798 Posts
wow. never really had a problem with mine... I have the windows tinted so there is no glare problem... Goodluck with that and post some pics.. as i have never seen a painted one...

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
The more I see pics of them, the more I think about how stupid the stock STB looks. Why couldn't they have gone with a solid rod like the ones in our engine bay, instead of this huge hollow "look at me" strut bar?

I think I would have preferred a more functional looking bar that gets the point across, over a dressed up excuse to add another "Z" logo lol

But hey, i don't spend much time in the trunk so I really don't care.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
The more I see pics of them, the more I think about how stupid the stock STB looks. Why couldn't they have gone with a solid rod like the ones in our engine bay, instead of this huge hollow "look at me" strut bar?

I think I would have preferred a more functional looking bar that gets the point across, over a dressed up excuse to add another "Z" logo lol

But hey, i don't spend much time in the trunk so I really don't care.

That plus it really cuts down on storage space, but oh well. That PPW looks nice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Glare! Great now im going to be thinking about that everytime i drive now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts