Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Can you get the rear speakers by removing the grill or do you have to remove the entire cover (which I understand is quite a job)?

You see I am pondering the idea of replacing the worthless stock rear speakers with powered mid-bass speakers or perhaps just some regular full-range speakers. Of course I am getting a new HU (and new front speakers as well) so I am aware that changing them without a new amp or HU is a waste of time. I figure that if I can mount mid-bass speakers it will prevent me from having to mount a 10" sub behind the drivers seat. Am I wrong here?

2) If I do go with a 10" sub behind the drivers seat, can I just cut into the cavity to mount or must I remove the whole thing, same as above?

Any ideas or suggestions will help.

·
Registered
728 Posts
[/quote]

Everything I have ever heard or been advised says replacing the rear speakers is a waste of time and money. Spend the extra money on your fronts and a nice amp to go along with your HU and just unhook the rears. They will muddy up the sound compared to just doing the fronts.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Same as said above. Dont worry about replacing te rear speakers. Save your money

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
dont worry about the rears, just turn them off, but if you want to get to them you must removed alot of panels to do so.. center console, glove box, side panes, and the panel on top of the rear speaker cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts