Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some digging, but couldn't find any info on this.
Has anyone tried to replace the rear speakers with two small subs? I know of several decnet 6½" subs.. and maybe 8" could be made to fit. I just think this to be a good solution for an otherwise worthless speaker placement. Any and all info greatly appriciated.

~Eric

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, 6.5 is speaker size all around. That's gonna be a lot of bass right behind your head..

Not with 6½'s I wouldn't think. Oh well... thought maybe it'd be an option. I may try it anyways.

~Eric

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Yeah, give it a go. Let us know what ya think. Operationally, you should have no issues.. it doesn't matter where you wire them as long as they're wired correctly! Plus, you could hide all the amps and wiring in the same area.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I think the reason they made the speakers so quiet is because of their close proximity to your ears, I don't know if it'd be such a great idea to put subs there.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the reason they made the speakers so quiet is because of their close proximity to your ears, I don't know if it'd be such a great idea to put subs there.

I see your point. I guess the only way to know for sure would be to try it.

I have to pull all that plastic out to access that area, right? I wonder if I could just switch it so the speakers fire towards the rear. Hmmm.... I guess I won't know anything until I tear all that out. Which won't be til next October when the car goes back into hybernation.

~Eric

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I read that while lurking a few days ago. Until I have it off, and get a better idea of space, and possibility to change some things, I won't know anything. I may just disconnect the rears and put a sub in the stock location, just for simplicity sake. All things considered, I like the sound of the exhaust... so I often have the radio off (maybe that's due to the horrible quality though).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts